Tigers sweep the O's and...

rafacosta

Your right rafacosta. Let's hope they can mend that broken heart soon! Like tonight!

We can start tonight very well, our hitters hit much better against lefties (excluding Mulder). But the key for us tonight is Loaiza... if he keeps us in the game, we win.

This slump started when Crede's homer was called foul.

If the right call is made on that play....you can atleast switch the numbers around in our W-L(making us 17-15 instead of 15-17)....and I will go as far as to saying that you could add a win or two to the win column. This team has just played like s*** ever since then. Crede may have tried to down play it....but it did not work. No one has hit on offense since then. Hardly anyone was hitting before that...and then we just decide to turn the offense off.

What we need is a shakeup of some type...like a drastic lineup change. Anyone wanna see what Olivo can do out of the leadoff spot with Jose back to hitting 2nd and DJ hitting 5th? I sure as hell do.

Maybe put Carlos Lee in the 3 hole and Frank in 5, like last year whan Lee start to think a little bit and take some balls and walks.

Frank's walking as well. In fact....he's among the league leaders in walks. He just needs to be more agressive.

BTW....for those who care....at this time in 2000....Thomas had 6 homers. I believe he has 5 right now. Also....in 2000, after starting off hot....we were 19-16 at one point. We hit a cold stretch right around this time that year. The only thing this team really has different than that team is the fact that that team had a lot more speed than this one.

I for one am not ready to give up on the season yet. I don't think anyone, aside from a couple here, has.

I still believe in this team... june is a month away and this guys start to hit when the weather gets hot. But for while, we need a team that play .500 ball, because when this team start to win we can take the division.

If the right call is made on that play....you can atleast switch the numbers around in our W-L(making us 17-15 instead of 15-17)....and I will go as far as to saying that you could add a win or two to the win column.  This team has just played like s*** ever since then.  Crede may have tried to down play it....but it did not work.  No one has hit on offense since then.  Hardly anyone was hitting before that...and then we just decide to turn the offense off.

What we need is a shakeup of some type...like a drastic lineup change.  Anyone wanna see what Olivo can do out of the leadoff spot with Jose back to hitting 2nd and DJ hitting 5th?  I sure as hell do.

you have a point there I hadn't thought of - we have been in a funk since that game.

If the right call is made on that play....you can atleast switch the numbers around in our W-L(making us 17-15 instead of 15-17)....and I will go as far as to saying that you could add a win or two to the win column.  This team has just played like s*** ever since then.  Crede may have tried to down play it....but it did not work.  No one has hit on offense since then.  Hardly anyone was hitting before that...and then we just decide to turn the offense off.

What we need is a shakeup of some type...like a drastic lineup change.  Anyone wanna see what Olivo can do out of the leadoff spot with Jose back to hitting 2nd and DJ hitting 5th?  I sure as hell do.

you have a point there I hadn't thought of - we have been in a funk since that game.

Something needs to be done, that's for damn sure. I think anyone would agree with that.

You won't win many games when you get 5 hits or fewer. The past 8 games....we have done exactly that.

has it been 8 games? I was pretty sure we had only double figures in hits once the last ten games - but if it has been no more than 5 hits in any game the last eight games - amazing we won anything in that time. It cannot continue.

has it been 8 games?  I was pretty sure we had only double figures in hits once the last ten games - but if it has been no more than 5 hits in any game the last eight games - amazing we won anything in that time.  It cannot continue.

It's something like that...maybe not 8. I just remember seeing it on ESPN on the bottomline. It is something that is not nice to look at, unless you are a White Sox hater.

I think I know which game you are talking about...last Thursday against the A's when we won 7-5, right? Koch's blowup?

Hey, the twins when they were slumping, they had a lot of closed doors meeting leaded by some players...right now they are playing very well and seems that they get out of their slumps. Why it didn't happen with our team??? I think this shows that our players don''t get along.

It's something like that...maybe not 8.  I just remember seeing it on ESPN on the bottomline.  It is something that is not nice to look at, unless you are a White Sox hater.

I think I know which game you are talking about...last Thursday against the A's when we won 7-5, right?  Koch's blowup?

we beat Minnesota when we got three hits - how often will that happen -

yeah the 7-5 game is the only one of late with enough hits to need your fingers to count -

It's something like that...maybe not 8.  I just remember seeing it on ESPN on the bottomline.  It is something that is not nice to look at, unless you are a White Sox hater.

I think I know which game you are talking about...last Thursday against the A's when we won 7-5, right?  Koch's blowup?

we beat Minnesota when we got three hits - how often will that happen -

yeah the 7-5 game is the only one of late with enough hits to need your fingers to count -

How often will that happen? I'll make a solid guess and say once or twice a week, at the very, very, very most. We scored 3 runs. That was the key. I seem to remember a game a few years ago....before the DBacks and DRays....when KC was playing Milwaukee in County Stadium. The pitcher for the Royals walked a guy, hit a guy, and the next guy hit a homer. That was the only hit he allowed...a 3-run dinger. The Royals lost the game 3-2...giving up one hit.

I don't think that will happen to us that often...because we got lucky as hell to get Minnesota when they weren't hitting well and we had a pitcher that had been pitching great at the time in Loaiza. This offense needs to get going...and it will eventually. The matter we are waiting for is when.

we once got no hit and won the game too -

the guys have got to hit and the more I think about it, the more I want Gary Ward gone - one of KW's guys foisted on JM - I so wish the announcement would be made and we could get on with the future rather than dwell in the hitless limbo -

Agreed. I want Ward gone ASAP.

I'm still trying to soak in the fact that Thomas is batting 2nd tonight. Wow....that's strictly Jerry's decision.

Maybe KW will keep his job....he kissed some major ass and he said he wouldn't manage the team and abuse his power. If he sticks to being a GM...he could be good. If he tries to take over total control....well, I'd take me over him in that instance.

I also find it funny that a team will get no-hit and still win. That would suck to be the losing pitcher.

the guys have got to hit and the more I think about it, the more I want Gary Ward gone -  one of KW's guys foisted on JM - I so wish the announcement would be made and we could get on with the future rather than dwell in the hitless limbo -

And for the bonus points... It was against Andy Hawkins and the Yankees at old Comiskey. We score 4 runs and got zero hits.

the guys have got to hit and the more I think about it, the more I want Gary Ward gone -  one of KW's guys foisted on JM - I so wish the announcement would be made and we could get on with the future rather than dwell in the hitless limbo -

And for the bonus points... It was against Andy Hawkins and the Yankees at old Comiskey. We score 4 runs and got zero hits.

I believe it was the last game ever at old Comiskey