Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 26th @ 9:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
Ron Mahay sucked as a pitcher in college.  But that guy could absolutely rake the ball.  I thought he was a shoe in to make the majors as a hitter.  Then he got PWNED in the minors and couldnt hit.  As a lefty he started pitching again and got a few mph on his fastball.  In college he was hitting low to mid 80s.  On the gun in the majors they have him at 88-89.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 05:20 AM)
He bunted Anderson over.  It's not his fault the 2 and 3 hitters struck out after that.  :huh

No, no...I know. I was going to go back and add that. That was fine managing. However, I was talking more about situations where there's like one on, and one out. Sorry I didn't go back and correct that. Thanks for pointing it out though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
OK....I will be livid if Rowand isn't brought in to hit here.  Rowand is very good against lefties.  Please Ozzie, find it in your heart to replace Timo!

With his change a righty is worse off than a lefty.

Bringing in Everday Eddie is a mistake...if you want to beat the Sox, use a rookie, or someone they've never seen...or someone with a 57.32 ERA...use a great pitcher, and somehow, they can suddenly hit.

Watch. :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 05:24 AM)
OK....I will be livid if Rowand isn't brought in to hit here.  Rowand is very good against lefties.  Please Ozzie, find it in your heart to replace Timo!

Rowand right now can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.