Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 26th @ 9:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
Good pitcher or not, you don't leave 2 on with one out.

Yeah, you have to step up and get a clutch hit against top pitchers. You're not going to have many chances at run scoring innings, and to have your 4-5 hitters with pathetic ABs like that really hurts.

interesting stat:

6 different players have struck out

6 different players have gotten hits

it's almost like you've got to be swinging early to get a hit off this guy. if there's any sort of count advantage for him, he gets you

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I know Hernandez has great stuff, but the approach by so many of these hitters are awful.  He's been around the plate all night....why are they just sitting their with the bat on their shoulders?

Dude. He was throwing 98 on the corners and dropping a sick curve. DO you know how baseball works? Have you played? Do you know how hard it is to hit a 97 mph fastball low and away right on the corner that will be called a strike? It's next to impossible.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
Dude. He was throwing 98 on the corners and dropping a sick curve. DO you know how baseball works? Have you played? Do you know how hard it is to hit a 97 mph fastball low and away right on the corner that will be called a strike? It's next to impossible.

Dude...I guarantee you I've played as much baseball as just about anyone on here, and faced more 90 mph plus fastballs than anyone. My problem with PK's at bat was this: what was he looking for? I'm not upset that the guys aren't getting hits against him. Rather, just a lot of guys seem like once they get two strikes, they're just waiting to be aced. At least with Johan, we go down swinging.