Getting in trouble

Stocking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Stocking @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
found an old email from an ex, perhaps the sox are why many of my relationships have failed. "I would bet that you would probably look right past me...especially if the Sox game was on." :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:

my gf had the best line about this subject.

"the sox came before me, it's cool"

:headbang

I feel your pain.

My Extra Innings package only works on one TV in the house, the one with teh digital box. Of course that's teh TV that gets all thestuff my wife wants to watch diring the games and so my monopolizing of the TV during baseball season has been the source of considerable friction.

Watching the spectacular Freddie and Santana pitcher's duel the other night, my wife complained that "There's nothing happening" and "why can't we switch to something else?"!!!

SnB, do you think your girlfiend can give my wife a call and tell her how things are supposed to work?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
I feel your pain.

My Extra Innings package only works on one TV in the house, the one with teh digital box.  Of course that's teh TV that gets all thestuff my wife wants to watch diring the games and so my monopolizing of the TV during baseball season has been the source of considerable friction.

Watching the spectacular Freddie and Santana pitcher's duel the other night, my wife complained that "There's nothing happening" and "why can't we switch to something else?"!!!

SnB, do you think your girlfiend can give my wife a call and tell her how things are supposed to work?

I think it's being married to you that's the source of considerable friction. :P

I think y'all need to reevaluate your personal relationships and understand that the love of a woman, and all she gives you, is far more important than any baseball team or internet site. We should all treasure, love, and honor our significant others.

I stay out of Brian's way during the Packer games and he stays out of my way during Sox games. We are a very happy couple that way. ;)

Too bad we haven't learned to apply that to NASCAR races. There would be less fighting on Sunday that way. :P

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
I think y'all need to reevaluate your personal relationships and understand that the love of a woman, and all she gives you, is far more important than any baseball team or internet site. We should all treasure, love, and honor our significant others.

The wife posting as you again, Tex? :D

QUOTE(alexgtp @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
LOL!! MY G/F insists we go to restaurants that will have the sox game on..

As do I. When we plan dinners with all the family it's always a chore. I want to go to a burger place with a bar, etc.. (i.e. Hooters or the like).. they want to go to Gibson's or Luigi's where the tv is in the bar a half mile from the table. I NEED a TV when the Sox are playing.. otherwise I am staring at my cell phone the entire meal and I get called anti-social. TFB I say. We see everyone way too much as it is anyway... all the time in the world to go out to dinner in the winter.

:wacko:

We have a wedding to go to on October 7 (yes, it's a Friday!) which falls right on Game 3 of the ALDS!! :angry:

My wife's quote last night "Sometimes I think you put baseball ahead of too many things"

hippy

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)

ha.

i'm actually slowly converting her to a baseball fan. she can "stand" to watch games with me now.

and hey, the deal was:

she can drag me to chick flicks as long as she doesn't mess with the sox.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
As do I. When we plan dinners with all the family it's always a chore. I want to go to a burger place with a bar, etc.. (i.e. Hooters or the like).. they want to go to Gibson's or Luigi's where the tv is in the bar a half mile from the table. I NEED a TV when the Sox are playing.. otherwise I am staring at my cell phone the entire meal and I get called anti-social. TFB I say. We see everyone way too much as it is anyway... all the time in the world to go out to dinner in the winter.

wow, im in the same boat. My cell phone ESPN gametracker is constantly on no matter where I am. Now I have XM radio, and I can take it with me and listen whereever, even in other states, and the scores pop up automatically.

During the course of this season, i've slowly turned my girfriend from a casual cubs fan to a casual sox fan. She says that i've made her enough of a sox fan that she wants them to win because she knows it will make me happy (or knows a loss will make me pissed off).

Either way, she's been better than expected in dealing with this. She knows not to call during games (often calls 2 minutes after last out), and she won't call or even IM me after a real tough loss. She's a die hard Illini bball fan like i am, so she knows what being passionate for a team is all about.

My best friend told me that i can't be with someone who doesn't understand my sports teams obsession. At first i thought it was funny...now i realize he's right.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
During the course of this season, i've slowly turned my girfriend from a casual cubs fan to a casual sox fan. She says that i've made her enough of a sox fan that she wants them to win because she knows it will make me happy (or knows a loss will make me pissed off).

Either way, she's been better than expected in dealing with this.  She knows not to call during games (often calls 2 minutes after last out), and she won't call or even IM me after a real tough loss. She's a die hard Illini bball fan like i am, so she knows what being passionate for a team is all about.

My best friend told me that i can't be with someone who doesn't understand my sports teams obsession. At first i thought it was funny...now i realize he's right.

Hence, why you and SNB have hit things off so well :P

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
I stay out of Brian's way during the Packer games and he stays out of my way during Sox games.  We are a very happy couple that way. ;)

Too bad we haven't learned to apply that to NASCAR races.  There would be less fighting on Sunday that way.  :P

:headshake I feel sorry for you, having to put up with a cheesehead all the team. :lol: