Nomar at 3rd

Kenkait Sox Fan

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 07:23 AM)
Yep. Me too.

Nomar is now an older, injury-prone player who will still try to get that money back that he turned down in Boston.

Not only that, but Walker is a good LEFTY stick. Not as good as I'd like, but he sure could help this team against those tough righties.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Is Nomar going to be a realisitic option in free agency if we're going to have to upgrade at SS? Will be interesting to see what type of contract he gets.

I believe his agent is Arn Tellum who has a real good relationship with JR. JR can be pretty creative with contracts, especially incentive-related ones. If the rumors are true that he is building a home in the area, it wouldn't surprise me something could get done, although I find it unlikely, if that makes any sense. I hope wherever he lands, as long as its not the Urinal, he gets back to where he was. He was a great hitter, and a pretty decent guy. I think he was unfairly put in a bad light after he was traded last season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
His contract could have been a lot worse to deal with.  While I would gladly take Nomar's bat in our lineup, he's just so unreliable right now.  No one has mentioned that he had bad back spasms now.  It's a shame...he was a great player until he started going after the rat.

He'd fit right in with his back problems.