Sox/Cleveland: Here to 9/15

downstairs

Take a look at the Sox and Cleveland schedules from here until 9/15/05.

We have 17 games against sub-500 teams, and 3 against over-500 teams.

Cleveland has 6 games against losing reams, and 12 against winning teams.

If we can add 3-5 games to our lead, we're in line to clinch against Cleveland during our next home series with them...

QUOTE(downstairs @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
If we can add 3-5 games to our lead, we're in line to clinch against Cleveland during our next home series with them...

I was just talking to some friends about possible clinch dates. Although it would be nice to get it that early my guess would be the Twins home series right after that.

Sat Sept 17th is an interesting date. The game is not being televised because of the FOX contract with MLB. The Cub vs STL game is being televised instead. But if the Cub are hopelessly out of it by then you could see FOX switching from Cub to WSox game & maybe even use picture in picture. That would make the most sense in terms of maximizing viewers in the Chicago area.

I don't think CLE will fade so easily. I think they will clinch at home vs DET.

BE THERE!

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Sat Sept 17th is an interesting date.  The game is not being televised because  of the FOX contract with MLB.  The Cub vs STL game is being televised instead.  But if the Cub are hopelessly out of it by then you could see FOX switching from Cub to WSox game & maybe even use picture in picture.  That would make the most sense in terms of maximizing viewers in the Chicago area.

I don't think CLE will fade so easily.  I think they will clinch at home vs DET.

BE THERE!

if we happen to have a chance to clinch that day the game will still be 11:10 but will be on tv. 2 years ago fox was going to show a 11:10 game between the twins-rangers but it didnt matter at that time. chicago can show 2 games at once since upn50 is owned by fox32. fox shows 2 games in the la market on fox11 and upn13.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I hope they clinch on the 16th, cause I'll be there!

:gosox1:

I hope they clinch it on Saturday the 17th because I'll be there. The only time I've been to a Sox game was Saturday September 23rd, 2000 in the Metrodome, the day the Sox clinched the division with a Cleveland loss to Kansas City.