Congrats Brian Anderson!

Heads22

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Now the minor league bashers can't complain that the Sox don't have anyone come up from the minors and contribute right away.

Jenks gets his first major league save yesterday, and Anderson carries the team for 10 innings.

Oh, but you underestimate those guys.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
"Believe it or not, George isnt at home, so leave a messaaaaage at the beep. Believe it or not, I'm not hoooooooooome!"

s-george.jpg

My brother has that as his voicemail message, its is so obnoxious. Plus, his name is actually George. :bang

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Believe it or not, he's walking on air...

Even during a night game he was

. . . walking on sunshine, whoa oh

And don't it feel good, hey, all right now

And don't it feel good

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Helluva game for the kid. Two dingers, a double,a sac bunt and 3 rbi's.

AND a White Sox winner in extra innings. AND a nice defensive play to make up for the lost in the sky, three guys standing around looking befuddled moment.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
Have a night Brian Anderson!!!  Congrats big man.  :cheers

Just a little request for Ozzie, could we play Brian against a human pitcher once in a while?  His 4 starts have been against Radke, Santana, Randy Johnson, and Felix Hernandez... COME ON?!@?!

whats even funnier is that the white sox just sent a huge F U to jeremy reed. anderson with a huge game had to have reminded reed why the sox traded reed in the first place. helluva job brian

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
whats even funnier is that the white sox just sent a huge F U to jeremy reed. anderson with a huge game had to have reminded reed why the sox traded reed in the first place. helluva job brian

From Baseball America, talking about Brian Anderson:

"He's Jeremy Reed with a lot more power potential. He made the White Sox realize that Reed was expendable."

Besides the obvious home runs, the thing that I noticed about Anderson last night was the way he actually squared around to bunt Uribe over to second in extra innings.

In a sacrifice situations lately, Sox have been chopping at the ball and not getting the job done. If we are giving up the out to move the man over, square around and get the bunts down.

Good job Brian.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
"Believe it or not, George isnt at home, so leave a messaaaaage at the beep. Believe it or not, I'm not hoooooooooome!"

"Jerry, this is Mr. Costanza. Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
Have a night Brian Anderson!!!  Congrats big man.  :cheers

Just a little request for Ozzie, could we play Brian against a human pitcher once in a while?  His 4 starts have been against Radke, Santana, Randy Johnson, and Felix Hernandez... COME ON?!@?!

From Rotoworld: Brian Anderson homered twice off Felix Hernandez and Tadahito Iguchi had a two-run shot off Eddie Guardado in ther 12th inning to lead the White Sox to a 5-3 win over the Mariners tonight.

It's almost like manager Ozzie Guillen has tried to prove Anderson shouldn't play by using him only against Brad Radke, Johan Santana, Randy Johnson and now Hernandez in his 12 days in the majors. For one night, though, the strategy didn't work. Anderson had a solo homer in the third inning and a two-run homer in the seventh. He also doubled and gave himself up on a sacrifice before Iguchi's homer in the 12th. It's still expected that Anderson will be sent down when Scott Podsednik returns on Monday, but perhaps tonight's performance will earn him some extra playing time once he rejoins the club. Aug. 27 - 1:51 am et

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
"Jerry, this is Mr. Costanza.  Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back."

"How could you trade jay buhner??"

"ken phelps. my people were telling me ken phelps, ken phelps"