Hi everybody!!!!

Balta1701

Hi everybody!

I'm currently making use of the wireless, cell phone connection of one of my geobiology professors (Joe Kirshvink) in order to write this post while sitting in a motel room in West Yellowstone, Montana (I love this state...alcohol is so damn cheap!!!!)

All I've had the last 3 days to watch te Sox is some combination of USA Today Box Scores and the occasional Sportscenter highlight clip. Right now, I'm drunk off my ass (Bartender screwed up 1 of my white russians so I got 1 free) and I haven't watched a full game in about a week.

Let me tell you this...watching the end of that losing skid through USA today was f***ing painful. Ouch. God that hurt. Man I can't wait until Scottie P is back in the #1 spot.

But God almighty...these last 3 days have been great. 2 wins in a row against the f***ing Twinkies. In Minnesota. After they swept us in Chicago. That would not have happened even last year. Freddy with the near no-no, Mark and Jon both with great games. God I love those 2, even if I only see them in Box scores for 2 weeks. If one of those 2 doesn't win the Cy Young...I will find a way to have Bartolo Colon or Mariano Rivera beaten senseless. I really don't care which one wins. They both have earned it.

Today was the greatest. I'm sitting in a bar downstairs in the hotel watching the score bar at the bottom of sportscenter. And then....in inning number 12, it goes from a 3-3 game to a 5-3 game. I don't care how the Hell it happened, I literally jump out of my chair and scream "Yes"!. Repeatedly. Some of that is the alcohol. A few minutes later...SC does show the highlights of the end of the game...and from the moment Tad swings that bat....I'm screaming "Stretch! Stretch! he looks up you can put it on the board....Y-EEEESSSSS!!!

I won't see another game for a week. I just tolerated a gigantic losing streak...1/2 of which I only knew about through the sucky USA today sports page (yesterday they gave front page space to king Feelix, the day before to Clemens...both made me feel quite ill...although the Buffalo Bills (my football team) did have at least 1 article.

Let me say 1 thing to y'all while I'm sitting here in West Yellowstone, so drunk I can't tell what I'm misspelling...

I will see you guys in October. We responded to a horrible losing skid with a 3 game winning streak. We will win 1 of these next 2 games against Seattle...I care not which one...unless we sweep them. King Feelix's game just went for naught thanks to B.A. And Pods comes back on Monday...and God Willing, he'll remind this team of the value of a single. Hell, Freddie almost pitched a no-no while I'm away, and I only learned about it through highlights a radio news channel.

God damn I love this team. I'm buying newspapers just to get the box scores. I saw the score on the bottom of the SC gametracker last night (2 of 3 from the Twins) and ended up so excited that I jogged like 3 blocks and then bought beers for my whole field trip group. I almost hurt myself tonight screaming for B.A's blasts off of King Felix. I'm actually hoping that Joe for 4 is healthy just so he can play 3b in the playoffs.

Mark...Jon...Freddie...El Duque....Jose...Paulie...Arow...My man Tadahito...Podsie...Hot Carl...The batter formerly known as Dead, A. "God" J., ''Joe for 3" Crede...Juanimal...Timo "I can't hit" Perez...Dustin "Point at the sky every damn game" Hermanson...Cliffy "Wow" Politte...Neal "Where the Hell did this season come from" Cotts...Damaso "Throw a damn strike" Marte"... Bobby "You can't f***ing see that" Jenks...Luis "Why couldnt' you do this the whole year" Vizcaino...Pablo "Better than you think" Ozuna...Chris "Nobody beats him because he's the" Widger...Ross "I deserve a roster spot" Gload, Brandon "please throw a changeup" McCarthy, Geoff "Who?" Blum, Willie "Trade Me" Harris...Frank "For God's Sake KW RESIGN ME IN NOVEMBER OR YOU SHALL FACE MY WRATH" Thomas...Brian "King Felix Who?" Anderson...and all the other guys I've forgotten due to the vodka...

I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. I don't know if any of you can enjoy watching the magic number drop as much as I am right now.

Just for the box scores of the last 3 days...I thank you all.

Go get em. October is your month. I will probably fracture a knee jumping up and down screaming if you win 1 playoff series. Give me a damn heart attack and a trophy...I beg of you. I have bad knees anyway. Make them worse.

Tomorrow...Go Get em Jose. I won't see the game until I buy a USA Today at a gas station 2 days from now. But this is our year. You guys have no idea how happy I was when that 3 turned into a 5 tonight. I literally screamed. Go get em Jose. I hope this streak doesn't end until I'm back in Pasadena...over a week from now. This is the best season of my life.

Thank you.

:gosox2:

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
I must say, quite an impressive and enjoyable post for being drunk. My favorite post in a long time.

Thanks Balta.  :cheers

Gracias.

This will be my last post tonight.(until I'm posting in Cody, Wyoming about 4 days from now and getting my 1st shower since tomorrow morning)..and my 3000th overall...so I want it to be a little bit special....

Right now, I feel like this is our year. Our offense is a complete disaster right now, yet we've still managed a 3 game winning streak after an incredibly painful losing skid. Our guys can't possibly hit worse than this...yet somehow we're still winning...and the 2nd MVP of our team will be coming back on Monday.

Right now...I will take whatever the rest of the league (Including those f***ing A's) throw at us. And I will still believe in this team.

They won over a lot of people on the night that AJ hit that blast against the Dodgers to beat Brazoban. Honestly...I wasn't even home to watch that game. I took my Fiance to a mall that day. It was a good day.

No matter how far we go in the playoffs...I will sit there and point to tonight, sitting in a bar in the middle of nowhere screaming that we can put it on the board about Tadahito...as my moment of this season. I missed the last one. Tonight is mine.

I cannot wait to see how this team ends the season. And I really do hope that someone on the 25 man roster reads this thread. Because I don't know how else to express myself beyond this one.

Go get em Jose...Freddy...Mark....Jon...El Duque...Tad...and so on. I Can't wait to find out how this story ends.