The End of Hutch?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Idonno a lot of it depends on the offense.  If they can not turn the ball over and put the opposing team in scoring distance our defense has the ability to dominate.  While being on the field twice as long as our Offense in the 1st half the Bills could not make a scoring drive until the 3rd quarter and that was only a fg.

And thats saying something because the Bills have a pretty decent O... good WR group of Moulds, Evans, and Reed... good RB in McGahee, decent QB in Losman.

Losman's in what his 1st season, he's still learning the job. Reed's about to get cut. Buffalo ain't that great on O besides "Whatcha talkin bout Willis".

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 06:19 AM)
Losman's in what his 1st season, he's still learning the job. Reed's about to get cut. Buffalo ain't that great on O besides "Whatcha talkin bout Willis".

Reed isnt that great and wasnt what he was supposed to be but he is still a good 3rd WR and Evans and Moulds are both pretty good especially if Moulds can stay healthy. And yes Losman is having his 1st season as a starter he still is better than what we have.

I think Orton should be given a shot at the Bears starting QB job, because he's showing the same things that he showed in his best days at Purdue when the Boilers were the #5 ranked team in the nation and Orton was the frontrunner for the Heisman, plus he's shown that he's capable of a whole lot more than any other Bears QB (except for maybe Grossman, but no one knows what he's capable of). FWIW, I think Orton was the steal of the draft.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
Reed isnt that great and wasnt what he was supposed to be but he is still a good 3rd WR and Evans and Moulds are both pretty good especially if Moulds can stay healthy.  And yes Losman is having his 1st season as a starter he still is better than what we have.

Buffalo's 3rd WR Roscoe Parrish went down injured. You'd think they'd keep Reed if he was a 3rd WR;

Josh Reed could be released before the season following a rough training camp.

He's followed up some shaky game performances with a ''horrible week of practice with numerous dropped passes.'' Despite Roscoe Parrish's injury, he may be out of a job soon.

I wasn't disputing the fact that Losman was better than what the Bears have. He's still going to struggle for parts of the year, maybe even long one's at that. You were trying to argue that the the Bears D was really good because they shut out Buffalo's offense for more than 2 quarters. I think that could happen a lot to them this year if they don't get the running game going.

Well my real point is someone was saying in another thread that Buffalo's defense was better than the Bears and as points allowed by defenses that game in the first half it was 3-0 us. Yes their defense basicly got them 9 more points but thats more of Hutchinson giving them it with that stupid pat he does on the football.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
It is being reported by the Score that...

-Orton is playing with the starters today

-Blake is playing with the 2nds

-Hutchinson is on the sidelines with his arms folded

yeup. i'm expecting orton to start.

meh, it's worth a shot.

It's official.

Bears | Orton Named Starting QB

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:19:25 -0700

The Chicago Bears have named rookie QB Kyle Orton as their new starting quarterback for the start of the 2005 season.

Bears | Blake to Serve as No. 2 QB

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:17:19 -0700

The Chicago Bears have named QB Jeff Blake as their No. 2 quarterback entering the season.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
It's official.

The Chicago Bears have named rookie QB Kyle Orton as their new starting quarterback for the start of the 2005 season.

The Chicago Bears have named QB Jeff Blake as their No. 2 quarterback entering the season.

its like playing the lottery.

maybe they've found a diamond in the rough.

oh wait, they're the bears........nevermind

It's official.

:headbang

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Da Coach said on the Score earlier that Orton should start. The Bears are going with Orton, this could get real ugly or this could be something special.

His depth chart looks like this:

1.) Orton

2.) Blake

3.) Kittner

It will be ugly no matter who starts for them if all they have is Orton, Blake, Kittner and Hutchinson. So, they might as well start the one who looks the best in preseason and see how it goes.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Da Coach said on the Score earlier that Orton should start. The Bears are going with Orton, this could get real ugly or this could be something special.

His depth chart looks like this:

1.) Orton

2.) Blake

3.) Kittner

I hope it's something special.Orton could achive greatness if he gets the chance.

Is Hutchinson gone?

Huh!Is the sky blue?

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
I hope it's something special.Orton could achive greatness if he gets the chance.

Is Hutchinson gone?

Huh!Is the sky blue?

There's about a 1% chance Orton does anything of substance this year.

Edited by Kalapse

I just hope people are expecting 2 much from Orton, He is not only a rookie but a late round rookie so to expect 2 much from him is just asking to be dissapointed. I just want him to keep defenses honest and not be pathetic like Hutchinson and the rest of the crew of QB's from last year.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
How do you figure

Because, he's a rookie and if you're a rookie, it excludes you from doing anything special.

Or, at least that's the way it almost sounds around here.

He'll have his growing pains, he'll have his problems, but he's the best QB on the roster. I know we've been asking for this for years, but we don't need Orton to have a Ben Rothlisburger (sp?) type season. Hell, give me Chad Pennington version 2002-lite. Low INT totals, and I don't even need a guy who's going to make big throws. But, don't turn the damn ball over -- that's all we need, IMO. I don't think that will get us a championship, but it'll give us a fighting chance for every game with our defense...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
How do you figure

Low expectations, if he does well I'll be ecstatic. I've been calling for Orton to be the starter and I have faith in him but if I set my expectations to high and he falters I'll be pissed. Expectations low meaning a better chance of success.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
Give me an actual reason to watch. I think the Bears got a steal in Orton, and think he can stick around in the NFL.

A much better choice the Hutch, just a filler that going to be in there to basically not turn the ball over, which he obviously could not handle. At least now we will have something to hopefully look forward to.

I think the defense alone is reason to watch. They're gonna be fast and rushing unlike they've done the past couple years. We're actually going to go for sacks this year instead of the "sacks are overrated" philosophy.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Because, he's a rookie and if you're a rookie, it excludes you from doing anything special.

Or, at least that's the way it almost sounds around here.

He'll have his growing pains, he'll have his problems, but he's the best QB on the roster.  I know we've been asking for this for years, but we don't need Orton to have a Ben Rothlisburger (sp?) type season.  Hell, give me Chad Pennington version 2002-lite.  Low INT totals, and I don't even need a guy who's going to make big throws.  But, don't turn the damn ball over -- that's all we need, IMO.  I don't think that will get us a championship, but it'll give us a fighting chance for every game with our defense...

As long as Orton is servicable than the Bears will win 8-10 games. This team isn't built around the QB. It's built around the run and their defense.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
If Orton is named the Bears starter for Week 1, I'll set up a web cam and eat my hat.

It's official.

Would you like Ranch on that hat?