SIU newspaper hoax

Goldmember

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
No, no, no, you got it all wrong.  You are supposed to get Winston's bagels with no sweet stuff: cream cheese, cucumber, bacon bits, onion, sunflower seeds, butter, and garlic powder. Now that is a bagel.

I went to the first Pinch Penny beerfest, I still have the glass. When we first got there we were complaining that 3 hours wasn't enough time to get our moneys worth.  Three hours later there were no complaints.

LOL, I had the exact feeling. Then the beerfest started, and I didnt have enough room for all of the beer. I dont know which one was the first beerfest, but i might have been there. We got rained on the first time, but we were so loaded it didnt matter. We drank from 2 that afternoon until 3:30 in the morning, nonstop. i have never consumed that much in that short span of time in my life.

On the Bagels, I also forgot raisins and sunflower seeds. I get it with everything.

Any Saluki's ever try to make the Century club? One shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes? If you puke, you're eliminated. About 10 of us tried it one Friday night. I only had it a tad over a half hour. Weak stomach, do I have.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Any Saluki's ever try to make the Century club? One shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes? If you puke, you're eliminated. About 10 of us tried it one Friday night. I only had it a tad over a half hour. Weak stomach, do I have.

I did it. We used to call it the "Spelling hour of power", because we would watch "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place" as our timer. the 100th minute would always be the 2nd commercial break of "Melrose Place", thats how we knew we were done.

the first time I did it, i was the only one of 5 to finish. Of course, I was done at 10:30 PM, but it was fun.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
I did it.  We used to call it the "Spelling hour of power", because we would watch "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place" as our timer. the 100th minute would always be the 2nd commercial break of "Melrose Place", thats how we knew we were done.

the first time I did it, i was the only one of 5 to finish. Of course, I was done at 10:30 PM, but it was fun.

Ah ha. Me and a few guys always watched 90210 together. We never told anyone cuz we thought we were the only ones. When you only have like 15 channels in the dorms, it's tough finding good entertainment.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Ah ha. Me and a few guys always watched 90210 together. We never told anyone cuz we thought we were the only ones. When you only have like 15 channels in the dorms, it's tough finding good entertainment.

We didnt watch it as much as we used it as a timer. But the acting was unintentionally hilarious.

Which dorm did you live in? I lived in Schneider, 7th floor.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
We didnt watch it as much as we used it as a timer.  But the acting was unintentionally hilarious.

Which dorm did you live in?  I lived in Schneider, 7th floor.

I was in Neely, the 21 and over building my last 2 years. Me and two other guys had single rooms on the same floor. It was awesome. Didn't have to cook, had own rooms. If I had to do over, I would of lived off campus for a year, but oh well.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Drinking games! Anyone play Alchy Uno?

Played like regular Uno, only you do a shot for every 250 points. We also took unlimited cards if you don't have a play.

I think for a period of time, any game that we played was played with alcohol as our punishment/reward. Cards, Board games, the question game, word games, tic tac toe, every single one of them had alcohol applied.