letsgoarow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
He did allow a double on the play.

That seems to be forgotten. I love Bobby as much as anyone but who cares what he hits on the gun, don't get me wrong it's fun to watch but it really doesn't matter......

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
It's just some numbers on a gun, which are notoriously inaccurate.

Haha, I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to get bashed for being negative. This wouldn't be the first time that the radar guns were off. I swear, the Cubs used to pump up Farnsworth's numbers during crucial situations.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
That seems to be forgotten.  I love Bobby as much as anyone but who cares what he hits on the gun, don't get me wrong it's fun to watch but it really doesn't matter......

It's sure a lot more exciting than seeing Shingo walk two batters and then give up a blast.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
either way 102 on a gun..... ozzie shouldnt of brought in jenks.... sexons a dead fastball hitter

Just be happy it stayed in the park. Sexson is a low ball hitter, and Jenks put that ball right where he likes it. Cotts and his high fastball would have probably been a better match-up...but it's too late for that.

Life as a Sox Fan: Too many f***en pessimists around you. He gave up a double on a later pitch . Sexson did not hit the 102 pitch. If you all want to complain get your cry baby asses back in the game thread. Let some of us enjoy the moment. Some of us have different ways of enjoying the game of baseball. I love the 100mph fastball.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
Life as a Sox Fan:  Too many f***en pessimists around you.      He gave up a  double on a later pitch . Sexson did not hit the 102 pitch. If you all want to complain get your cry baby asses back in the game thread. Let some of us enjoy the moment.  Some of us have different ways of enjoying the game of baseball. I love the 100mph fastball.

Ok....that sounds like the same type of attitude Cubs fans had when we'd make fun of them for only rooting for Sosa's homers. Sure, it was cool to see the 102 mph pitch....but it would have been nicer to see him get Sexson out.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Life as a Sox Fan:  Too many f***en pessimists around you.      He gave up a  double on a later pitch . Sexson did not hit the 102 pitch. If you all want to complain get your cry baby asses back in the game thread. Let some of us enjoy the moment.  Some of us have different ways of enjoying the game of baseball. I love the 100mph fastball.

Who's complaining? I love Bobby but I love him because he can get guys out not because he can light up the gun but that's just me.....

Ok....that sounds like the same type of attitude Cubs fans had when we'd make fun of them for only rooting for Sosa's homers.  Sure, it was cool to see the 102 mph pitch....but it would have been nicer to see him get Sexson out.

As others have pointed out, Sexson/Jenks was just a bad matchup.

I attended that 16-inning game, and after that I absolutely believe in Jenks. I'm so happy we finally have a true power guy on this team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Ok....that sounds like the same type of attitude Cubs fans had when we'd make fun of them for only rooting for Sosa's homers.  Sure, it was cool to see the 102 mph pitch....but it would have been nicer to see him get Sexson out.

Though, I am not happy with the Double. I take W's over personal records, accomplishments, ect. I am a fan of out of the ordinary feats. No Hitter, the cycle, hitting over 100 on the radar gun by 2 miles . That makes me no less of a fan than you. We won, so I guess you can enjoy it too now.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
Though, I am not happy with the Double. I take W's over personal recorts, accomplishments, ect. I am a fan of out of the ordinary feats.  No Hitter, the cycle,  hitting over 100 on the radar gun by 2 miles .  That makes me no less of a fan than you. We won, so I guess you can enjoy it too now.

Yeah, I was just pointing out why some of us weren't overly excited about it. It was definitely a fascinating AB though with Sexson. I think we can all look back on that AB as one we won't forget for a while, with the 102 mph and the relay that happened to end the inning.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
It's just some numbers on a gun, which are notoriously inaccurate.

Well both the WGN gun and the gun at SafeCo had him at 102. I doubt it was really 102, but that's still f***en fast.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Who's complaining?  I love Bobby but I love him because he can get guys out not because he can light up the gun but that's just me.....

I did not say complain. I am talking about people who have to look on the down side of every f***ing thing to do with the sox. If you want to talk about the double (that was 2 or 3 pitches later) go in the damn game thread.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Agreed. I believe the fastest pitch, accurately measured, was Nolan Ryan at 100.9

Nope.

Ryan's was just clocked by guiness which makes people think it was a more accurate reading than any other... which is just silly to me.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 05:12 AM)
I did not say complain. I am talking about people who have to look on the down side of every f***ing thing to do with the sox. If you want to talk about the double (that was 2 or 3 pitches later)  go in the damn game thread.

I can't believe someone is actually saying that Rowand44 is negative.

I hate quoting myself, but I posted this in another thread...

Hell yes! I had just finished work (slow night) when Bobby came in. I said to some friends, "Watch this guy, he can really bring it."

100, 102.

Friend: "Holy s***, 102?!?"

Mplssoxfan: " I told you he could bring it!"

IIRC, there are two guns, one which is 3-4 MPH faster than the other. I think I remember someone saying that Seattle has the fast gun. Either way 102 is fast. I would have liked to see Sexon retired, too, but you know what, all you glass-half-empty guys? The Sox won the ballgame.