letsgoarow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27 @ 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
I can't believe someone is actually saying that Rowand44 is negative.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
You don't think I'm negative fathom? :P

Let's get this right.

fathom is a worry wart (like the rest of us he wants the Sox to win, badly, and it is just his way of handling the pressure.) :headbang

Rowand44 is droll. :notworthy

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Just be happy it stayed in the park.  Sexson is a low ball hitter, and Jenks put that ball right where he likes it.  Cotts and his high fastball would have probably been a better match-up...but it's too late for that.

I agree. I didn't like that matchup from the get go. Thank God he didn't get more air under it. .................Also, i do believe that gun was accurate. :o

I don't believe anyone's gun number anymore.

EVERYONE is throwing at least 93-95 on those guns, and I refuse to believe that everyone throws that hard.

I haven't paid attention, but I bet those guns have Maddux in the low 90's.

That said, Jenks has been pretty damn good lately. His fastball has some life to it, and that curve of his is nasty. NICE pickup by KW!

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
Most scientists will tell you that 102 mph is physically impossible.

so you mean to tell me its scientifically impossible for a ball to go 102??? please explain to me the science behind that.

jenks hit 103 in puetro rico, and even his former agent who dislikes jenks now said he wouldnt deny the fact taht he actually did hit 103

Did you take a survey or something?

And color me impressed, I had no idea we had so many certified radar gun experts here on Soxtalk. You'd think this was a physics forum or something.

From the hitters perspective it's a LOT faster when combined with an off-speed pitch. I read somewhere that when a pitcher throws an 87 mph pitch followed by a 95 mph it appears to the hitter like a 15 mph jump.

So when Jenks throws a 92 mph followed by a 102 mph skill & talent won't make contact. You have to be lucky to hit that. ;)

even if most scientists says that's physically impossible, jenks still hit it according to the gun and that's all the proof you need. he's a big guy. i believe he's able to do it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I don't know what kind of science can tell you that a guy can't hit 100+ on the gun. I remember a group of scientists saying that a curve ball doesn't really curve too.

He was right around one hundred miles per hour... if he never had that stroke he could have had himself a mighty fine career.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
He was right around one hundred miles per hour... if he never had that stroke he could have had himself a mighty fine career.

Yeah, but there were stories, just like the ones about Jenks that said he'd been clocked a few MPH higher.

You're right, he would've gone on and been the s***.

so you mean to tell me its scientifically impossible for a ball to go 102??? please explain to me the science behind that.

jenks hit 103 in puetro rico, and even his former agent who dislikes jenks now said he wouldnt deny the fact taht he actually did hit 103

I read an article on pitching mechanics in some magazine a while back, and it essentially said that most scientists believe that the human body is not capable of throwing a baseball higher than 101.9 MPH. Its simply the way our muscles are built.

Of course, you'd think that people with perhaps more highly built muscles would be able to overcome that, but the article was pretty confident.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
I read an article on pitching mechanics in some magazine a while back, and it essentially said that most scientists believe that the human body is not capable of throwing a baseball higher than 101.9 MPH. Its simply the way our muscles are built.

Of course, you'd think that people with perhaps more highly built muscles would be able to overcome that, but the article was pretty confident.

I'd have to read that for myself. Not a crack at you, but I don't see how anyone can say it's impossible.