Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Exactly. we need them to start playing better, not try to go find replacements for them.

Its the final week of August. At what point do you think that they will get better. This is the point in the season where the hitters should be hitting their stride, not finding their swings. That is what the first month or so of the season is there for.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Exactly. we need them to start playing better, not try to go find replacements for them.

This team has played poorly ever since the Baltimore series. Coincidentally, that was right at the trade deadline.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Its the final week of August.  At what point do you think that they will get better.  This is the point in the season where the hitters should be hitting their stride, not finding their swings.  That is what the first month or so of the season is there for.

So you go replace your starting infield on teh best team in the AL? THere is a reason you guys aren't GMs.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
Maybe they don't want to give up Vizquel. Maybe they want to keep him around for next year because they know they will need to make a run as it will probabaly be Bonds last year there and everyone is gettting old.

maybe , maybe maybe, look GM's get paid for this stuff. Not one team wanted to trade? I don't think so, we just didn't want to pay. Overpay if your serious about the world series, otherwise, don't get excited when the sox blow it.

Look I hope andersen is a great player but he will not be griffey, I hope BMAC is good but he will not be a cy young winner. I hope The baj works out, but that is against all odds. I do know we are 8 games up and have not been in this position with this good of pitching in a long time. Most people look for pitching, we are looking for hitting. Lots of hitters out there.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
So you go replace your starting infield on teh best team in the AL? THere is a reason you guys aren't GMs.

No, but you have a better option than Timo Perez to rotate with your outfielders when they're struggling. How many guys can be like 3 for their last 30 before you put someone else in at their position and try to get a spark? BTW jphat....good conversation tonight. I don't feel like this is personal at all tonight, and we're just discussing baseball. :cheers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
No, I'm dead serious.  He hasn't been beating good teams, the Indians being the exception.  As a team, we've owned them.

So Minnesota isn't good?

I know, I'm going to get the lineup sucked that night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
No, but you have a better option than Timo Perez to rotate with your outfielders when they're struggling.  How many guys can be like 3 for their last 30 before you put someone else in at their position and try to get a spark?  BTW jphat....good conversation tonight.  I don't feel like this is personal at all tonight, and we're just discussing baseball. :cheers

INDEED. GOOD JOB GANG. This is how it should be. :)

We all are talking and even disagreeing.

Hey fathom... :fight ;)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
wow, is everyone going to start posting their suicide notes soon?  There are nights like this, the game is not over, we have come back in games like this before.

We have? Are you sure you're not talking about the Indians?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)

didn't I say buerhle would give up 6 or 7 before leaving. that was in the first inning. PS Mcarthy get shelled. 6 runs.