Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
I stated a fact. There is no apologizing. How can you be an apologist for the best team in the AL.

YOu want a winner? You have one, by 5.5 games in the freaking AL.

I just get sick of some of these incredibly dumb posts I'm reading.

Watch the personal attacks :)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
He hasn't beaten LA at all, so you're making up stats.  Cleveland was bad when he beat them, and Baltimore was awful the second time.  Playoff teams, he hasn't beaten.

WTF. Now you are trying to pin wins and losses on a pitcher with teh offense we have? Are you kidding me? Do you understand what you are saying. HE can only limit how many runs they score. He can't score for our offense. And playoff teams ususally have good hitting or pitching.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
But he hasn't. Thats just the f***ing thing. Nobody bothers to look anything up. He's gotten hit around by Oakland twice and Boston once. Lots of awesome pitchers get beat around by those guys.

He got murdered by Oakland 3 times and got hit around by Boston twice. Couple that with two poor showings against Minnesota and it's easy to build a case for Buehrle not pitching well against good teams.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
WTF. Now you are trying to pin wins and losses on a pitcher with teh offense we have? Are you kidding me? Do you understand what you are saying. HE can only limit how many runs they score. He can't score for our offense. And playoff teams ususally have good hitting or pitching.

He still hasn't beaten the playoff teams we'd run into. He won't be Boston or Oakland, and he pitched well against an awful LA lineup. He needs to beat the best teams to be considered an ace. That is all I'm saying.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)

What????? You just said he beat Anaheim twice. Now that you are proven wrong it is the offenses fault? Pick a path and go with it.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
He got murdered by Oakland 3 times and got hit around by Boston twice. Couple that with two poor showings against Minnesota and it's easy to build a case for Buehrle not pitching well against good teams.

He gave up 3 runs to Boston in one game.

He gave up 2 runs to Oakland in one game.

But you are right. He got murded in all five.

It's easy to make a case if you don't use facts.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
But he hasn't. Thats just the f***ing thing. Nobody bothers to look anything up. He's gotten hit around by Oakland twice and Boston once. Lots of awesome pitchers get beat around by those guys.

Seriously. At least do some research before spouting off garbage.

Two of his non QS are against KC. I suppose that makes him not a great pitcher because he can't dominate the bad teams. I mean, i just can't believe what I"m reading.

Ok look up how many hits he has given up in his last five starts. its not good. He is getting hit. Good teams put runs on the board when they hit.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
What?????  You just said he beat Anaheim twice.  Now that you are proven wrong it is the offenses fault?  Pick a path and go with it.

He gave up 1 run against Anaheim and didn't get the win. You can't use wins and losses when looking at a pitchers success.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)

There are things called unearned runs that you might want to look at.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)

If true, not bad at all...

And I applaud your effort in defending Mark. :gosox3:

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Well the offense played much better when Podsednik was not hurt. That was there point.

We hit in the 250s with pod in April and May. There was this HOF hitting guy who came in around June and July. That was when we hit 270 as a team. Then when he gets hurt, we hit in the 220s. But if you think it was Pods who struck fear and got all those other hitters their good fastballs to hit instead of the HOFer that we havent replaced, to each their own.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
You said he beat LA twice.  He won neither game.  That's wrong research.

By beating I meant being in a position to win if his offense or bullpen didn't suck. That's why you measure a pitcher by ERA and runs given up and quality starts and not wins and losses. Sorry you didn't know that.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)

Aren't you taking into account earned runs, and not unearned runs also? He pitched real poor in both of those games, and even though some runs weren't earned, he still pitched bad. We get over guys like Contreras and Garland when they can't pitch over errors....yet Buehrle has been worse than anyone on the staff overcoming defensive errors.

jphat...I don't think we're attacking Buehrle saying he stinks. Rather, a lot of us would like to see him step his game up against the top teams, since we definitely know our offense won't win us the game. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I love Buehrle's attitude and he's one of my favorite players on the team.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
I stated a fact. There is no apologizing. How can you be an apologist for the best team in the AL.

YOu want a winner? You have one, by 5.5 games in the freaking AL.

I just get sick of some of these incredibly dumb posts I'm reading.

not trying to be dumb, right now we are getting routed for the second day in a row with our aces on the mound. You can shurk it off to "it happens" if it continues tommorow, you can shurk it off again, if we get swept, well its a problem. We are not playing well lately. That too is a fact. You can lean on the win streak but we beat a light hitting team in Minny and a last place team in seattle. No biggie.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
By beating I meant being in a position to win if his offense or bullpen didn't suck. That's why you measure a pitcher by ERA and runs given up and quality starts and not wins and losses. Sorry you didn't know that.

Man, you really speak down to people.

He hasn't beaten the playoff teams, that's my point. He sucked against two for the most part and he "beat" the other when they were terrible on offense. That is all, I am leaving for now. I don't want to get personal with you, but you're going there.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm attacking the posts. I just can't stand wrong posts where people say crap without even doing research.

You need to do better research. Buerhle has 0 wins against the Angels, you claim he has 2. Beating Detroit and Baltimore really is nothing to hang your hat on. Boston and Oakland are possible playoff opponents, and he was tagged.