Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Why is Buerhle in, Ozzie is an idiot.  He is getting shelled and at 100+ pitches.

Did you expect him to do something different? How can Buehrle get the win if he's taken out? Heaven forbid we rest our pitcher's arms a little. Maybe, just maybe....that would explain the higher ERA in the 2nd half of the season for the guys who have thrown the most innings.

We're playing bad baseball and we're beaten up physically. Not a good combinatoin.

Will we still win the division? I say yes.

Im not worried about making the playoffs. Im worried about what well do in the playoffs. If the April/May/June team shows up, we could very well win it all. If the July/August team shows up, were out in the first round. And the teams weve played in August are the ones we will play in October.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Only on this board do people get after the best pitcher in the league. It's incredible.

don't take things so personally. its like your buerles brother. He has lost his edge in the second half. My whole point is that he is getting hit. When you give up hits to good teams you get beat. You can over come hits when you play bad teams.

PS Iguchi is out of his damn mind right now. He is out of control. Any defense on that?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
I just don't understand. I've never heard fans argue against their own players so much. Players who play on teh best team in teh AL no less.

Best team or best record? Also, having the best record on August 29th gets you nothing.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
How has he proven anything. IN the only stat that matters, Burly has been better.

What stat is that? Please don't say ERA. Right now the difference between Buerhle and Santana is 0.07 , and going in different directions. Wins would be the most important to me. Buerhle has 1 more win, playing on a team that is 10 games better.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Ozzie's obviously letting Buehrle go for the win here because he knows the offense has a history of putting up 7+ runs.

My guess would be because we're playing 2 games tomorrow, with one game being started by a rookie who has had poor outings vs Texas in the past. However, I know nothing about baseball, so continue on.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Did you expect him to do something different?  How can Buehrle get the win if he's taken out?  Heaven forbid we rest our pitcher's arms a little.  Maybe, just maybe....that would explain the higher ERA in the 2nd half of the season for the guys who have thrown the most innings.

no he has a double header tommorow against a big offensice team with a rookie pitcher. he is saving his bullpen for tommorrow. Only explanation. We will see "THE BAJ " tonight. our savior .

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
My guess would be because we're playing 2 games tomorrow, with one game being started by a rookie who has had poor outings vs Texas in the past. However, I know nothing about baseball, so continue on.

Stop thinkin' so logically and bash Ozzie! :P

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
What stat is that? Please don't say ERA. Right now the difference between Buerhle and Santana is  0.07 , and  going in different directions. Wins would be the most important to me. Buerhle has 1 more win, playing on a team that is 10 games better.

Well. If you think wins is teh best way to measure a pitcher I just can't argue with you then. Reading something like that just blows my mind, so it's no point in arguing anymore really.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
In Japan, Iguchi would have been tied up and whipped in front of a public square for this disgraceful defensive performance. Guillen needs to save face and take out Iguchi before his embarrasses himself further.

LOL

I just don't understand. I've never heard fans argue against their own players so much. Players who play on teh best team in teh AL no less.

the bashing isn't as bad if we win.

Well, personally, Im worried that this is the team that will show up in the playoffs. And if it does, were screwed. We havent been the best team in the AL since the break. I think it might be complacency, but it might not. If its complacency, they better snap out of it and get ready for playoff time. If this team loses this division lead, they will be remember as even bigger chokers than the 1964 Phils, 1978 Red Sox and 2003 Cubs. I sure dont want that.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
How has he proven anything. IN the only stat that matters, Burly has been better.

Johan Santana 13-6 with a 3.13 ERA and a 1.00WHIP. He has 195ks and 36bbs overall.

In the second half Santana is 6-1 with a 1.54 ERA a .90WHIP. He has 52ks and 10BBs.

vs.

Mark Buerhle 14-6 with a 2.99 ERA(before this start) and a 1.16WHIP, he has 115ks and 31bbs.

In the second half he is 4-3 with a 4.02ERA with a 1.29 WHIP and a 30ks and 10BBs.

I can see how Burly has been better, and Johan hasnt proven a thing , those damn Cy Youngs fall off trees like crazy