Cedric Benson finally signed

CSF

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awesome. Orton is named the starter and Benson finally signs what a good day to be a Bears fan. Now if Benson gets in shape we have 2 good really RB's and kind of be like a copy of Pitts offense possibly. Muhsin being the Hines Ward and than well they dont have Plaxico anymore so were even :P

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
ALOT, ALOT of the season is going to ride on Benson IMO. If he can really establish himself and Orton can just limit turnovers, they will be fun to watch.

jones will be getting most of the snaps.........hopefully

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Why? And if you think that Bears are going to win 6-7 games, which is very possible, then why wouldnt they let the Rookie get the ball more in a lost season???

what has benson proven to get more snaps in the beginning of the season?

And yes, you're right about the 2nd part. My comment was more about starting the season.

I wish they could of gotten things worked out quicker, but Benson is a good football player and hopefully he can get some action in the next pre-season game and slowly adjust into this league. Its also a great insurance policy this year if anything happens to Jones, cause the Bears are going to be relying on their running game an awful lot on offense.

I'm happy that Benson finally signed, but I hope that Adrian Peterson isn't just thrown to the side now. He's proven himself a capable back, and I hope he gets on the field for a decent amount of time during the season. Obviously, not as many touches as Jones or Benson, but still should get five-ten, IMO.

Im still on the A-Train bandwagon but oh well thats a lost cause :bang. Anyways I dont think he will get many carries the first couple of weeks but my week 4-5 he should be splitting about 50/50 with Thomas Jones and I think that will improve our running game greatly since both will be fresh.

Maybe Benson's a lot smarter than I gave him credit for. He's basically going to avoid all of the tough 2-a-days in the extreme heat. I still dislike him greatly, but he did the team no good holding out. At least Angelo won't have any excuses at the end of the season if he tanks, and Mike Williams excels.