Anderson Demoted

Heads22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

f***ing.Bulls***.

White Sox optioned outfielder Brian Anderson to Triple-A Charlotte.

Anderson was sent down after going 0-for-3 today. Scott Podsednik will be activated tomorrow to replace him on the roster.

I can't believe Adkins is still on this team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
f***ing.Bulls***.

I can't believe Adkins is still on this team.

At this point, it makes no sense to keep anderson up here, let him get ab's in charlotte for the next week.

EDIT: Well, actually 3 days.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
At this point, it makes no sense to keep anderson up here, let him get ab's in charlotte for the next week.

EDIT: Well, actually 3 days.

But would you rather have Adkins or Anderson on your playoff roster?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
But would you rather have Adkins or Anderson on your playoff roster?

Injuries sometimes occur, and the Sox still need an extra pitcher this week with no days off and a DH. Adkins sucks, but he was a godsend today, giving the rest of the bullpen a break.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Injuries sometimes occur, and the Sox still need an extra pitcher this week with no days off and a DH. Adkins sucks, but he was a godsend today, giving the rest of the bullpen a break.

Adkins can meet the team in Chicago this thursday. You don't need Adkins for the playoffs, you'll have a starter slip into the long relief role. Adkins can be sent down now for Pods and brought back up on Sept. 1st for the stretch run, he should NOT be up for the next few days to where he becomes eligeble for the playoff roster and an extra bat and extremely effective OF glove gets sent to AAA and can not be placed on the playoff roster.

Here's a question: A few years ago Krod got on the playoff roster for the Angels through a loop hole, something with an injury occuring, I don't remember exactly what happened. Anyways, my question is could Frank's injury be some kind of loophole to get another player on the playoff roster?? I know he's off the 25 man but he hasn't been put on the 60 day dl for some reason, I don't know just speculating.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
...and when you have to play 4 games in 3 days with a rookie going against a team that rocked him do you want Brian Anderson or Jon Adkins in your bullpen?

:rolly

So you have Adkins up for the next 4 games because you might need him. Meanwhile he becomes eligeble for the playoff roster (where he is not needed) and a player like Anderson becomes ineligeble.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
So you have Adkins up for the next 4 games because you might need him. Meanwhile he becomes eligeble for the playoff roster (where he is not needed) and a player like Anderson becomes ineligeble.

With Pods back, Anderson wasn't going to see any time in the playoffs. He had 1 great game. He knocked around a rookie phenom. He struggled against veterans, which is what he'd be facing in the playoffs. If someone gets hurt, he still may be added to the playoff roster.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
With Pods back, Anderson wasn't going to see any time in the playoffs. He had 1 great game. He knocked around a rookie phenom. He struggled against veterans, which is what he'd be facing in the playoffs. If someone gets hurt, he still may be added to the playoff roster.

He'd be more valuable than Adkins as a late inning defensive replacemet or pinch runner. Adkins more than likely will not be used in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
He'd be more valuable than Adkins as a late inning defensive replacemet or pinch runner. Adkins more than likely will not be used in the playoffs.

Again, they need Adkins for this series in Texas. 4 games in 3 days against a loaded offense in oppressive heat, with McCarthy who has been lit up by them going Tuesday. Worry about defensive replacements and pinch runners for the playoffs when the team has officially clinched a spot in them.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Here's a question: A few years ago Krod got on the playoff roster for the Angels through a loop hole, something with an injury occuring, I don't remember exactly what happened.  Anyways, my question is could Frank's injury be some kind of loophole to get another player on the playoff roster??  I know he's off the 25 man but he hasn't been put on the 60 day dl for some reason, I don't know just speculating.

Ok, so the krod thing a few years ago did involve somebody heading to the 60 day dl, in other words I do think if Frank is put on the 60 day we'd be able to add a player not on the 25 man as of august 31.

Brian Anderson does great, owns a phenom pitcher, and gets demoted, while Jon Adkins does horribly, has an ERA a little bit above 13, and stays on the active roster. Can someone please explain the logic and/or thought behind this?

Edited by Dam8610