Running of the Bulls

DBAHO

A RUNNING of the bulls in a Spanish town outside the capital has left 63 people injured, two of them seriously.

The pair were taken from the town of San Sebastian de los Reyes to hospitals in Madrid to undergo urgent surgery. The others were treated for cuts and bruises.

During the crowded run, people were momentarily trapped in a pile-up at the entrance to the bullring, where the run ends.

Some of the bulls trampled the mound of people to get into the ring, causing the large number of injuries.

The town holds a weeklong festival each summer in which daredevils run through the streets with bulls weighing up to 600kg.

The earliest records of bull runs in San Sebastian de los Reyes go back to 1523.

0,10114,5041529,00.jpg

I always root for the bulls to maim or kill as many of the people as possible, as sick as that sounds. I hate these people with a passion. In high school, our spanish teacher had us watch a tape of a bullfight and she talked about it as though it were some glorious, respectful event. Those people are cowards. They throw spears into the bull, and a lot of them at that. The bull is riddled with spears, almost collapsing, barely enough energy to make a meek effort to save its own life, when a "heroic" matador stabs it in the neck. The more people that die in these runs, and the more matadors that are gored to death, the happier I am.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
  In high school, our spanish teacher had us watch a tape of a bullfight and she talked about it as though it were some glorious, respectful event.  Those people are cowards.  They throw spears into the bull, and a lot of them at that.  The bull is riddled with spears, almost collapsing, barely enough energy to make a meek effort to save its own life, when a "heroic" matador stabs it in the neck. 

This I completely agree with. Bullfighting is retarded.....