Baj recalled from Charlotte

CSF

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
if he is on the playoff roster we are in trouble.  even if he has a outstanding september.  dont get me wrong he is on the sox and i hope he does well, but its not gona be good if he is on the post season roster.

LMAO.. which is it.. ?

Wait and see, or just call it a day because he sucks regardless.. :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Appeared in nine games with the White Sox after his contract was purchased from Class AAA Charlotte on 9/3 ... went 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA (10 ER/8.1 IP) in nine relief appearances with the Sox ... opponents hit .405 (15-37), including a .526 (10-19) clip by right-handers ...  :puke

1 more time. Reserve judgement... 8.1 IP.

Appeared in nine games with the White Sox after his contract was purchased from Class AAA Charlotte on 9/3 ... went 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA (10 ER/8.1 IP) in nine relief appearances with the Sox ... opponents hit .405 (15-37), including a .526 (10-19) clip by right-handers ...  :puke

Because you can judge a guy's performance in 8 innings. Why even give him a chance? It's not like anyone who was solid in the pen had a rough opening at the beginning of his major league career.

8.1 innings you are going to judge his entire career potential by. Do I really need to say anything more than that? Should I judge you as a bad poster from one post?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
8.1 IP. very short time.

Regardless, I was not impressed with his overall "stuff" last year. Bajenaru appeared to be another soft tossing relief pitcher our organization has become fixated on developing. Compare this to MInnesota, who seem to be overrun with quality, hard throwing relief pitchers. Isn't there a stud left-handed pitcher on their AAA team ready to be promoted in September? Nothing changes over there.

I understand velocity doesn't exactly equate to success--he must either have a deceptive motion, good command (though I recall reading his BB numbers were rather high), several quality pitches he failed to use last year, or perhaps Baj is a career AAA pitcher.

He may be a stand up guy, and I wish him all the best, but relating to our minor league callups I have a simple philosophy--everyone is a bust until proven otherwise. Bajenaru didn't impress me last year. This organization has given me no reason to establish confidence in callups.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Isn't anyone on the 25-man on Sept.1 eligible, or is that my head getting tied in a knot?

If you are on the 25 man roster, or the DL you can be used for the post season roster, unless there is an injury replacement needed for a guy who was on the roster September 1st.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
If you are on the 25 man roster, or the DL you can be used for the post season roster, unless there is an injury replacement needed for a guy who was on the roster September 1st.

And is there a limit on how many times this can happen...?

Regardless, I was not impressed with his overall "stuff" last year. Bajenaru appeared to be another soft tossing relief pitcher our organization has became fixated on developing. Compare this to MInnesota, who seem to be overrun with quality, hard throwing relief pitchers. Isn't there a stud left-handed pitcher on their AAA team ready to be promoted in September? Nothing changes over there.

I understand velocity doesn't exactly equate to success--he must either have a deceptive motion, good command (though I recall reading his BB numbers were rather high), or the mentality of a career AAA pitcher.

He may be a stand up guy, and I wish him all the best, but relating to our minor league callups I have a simple philosophy--everyone is a bust until proven otherwise. Bajenaru didn't impress me last year. This organization has given me no reason to establish confidence in callups.

You posted what i was thinking!

Edited by Whitesoxfan56

I like to compare Baj to Cliff. Stuff's not the same but somewhat similar role. Politte blew absolute balls his first two years.

SEASON TEAM W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO

1998 St. Louis Cardinals 2 3 6.32 8 8 0 0 0 --- 37.0 45 32 26 6 1 18 22

1999 Philadelphia Phillies 1 0 7.13 13 0 0 0 0 0 17.2 19 14 14 2 0 15 15

Where would we be without him now? Not saying that Baj will come close to Cliff, but it's worth noting.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
So that advice you were freely giving out about not getting excited and giving him time was all BS, that you have no intention of following yourself?  Nice.

He doesn't care if Baj does pitch well down the stretch, he's set in his mind that he sucks and if he pitches in the playoffs he cannot be affective.

And what pitcher would you want on there instead?? Give me a better relief option in our system.

we dont need another pitcher for the playoff roster. we have:

mb

fg

jg

jc/oh

pen:

jc/oh

jenks

politte

cotts

marte

hermy

viz

7 bullpen pitchers is enough for the playoff roster, thus we dont need any minor league pitcher on the roster

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
And is there a limit on how many times this can happen...?

To be honest, I have no idea. I just know you can replace guys who are go onto the DL at the end of the year. Also guys like Crede who are on the DL on Sept 1st can be used as well, in place of guys who are on the 25 man roster. More than likely with the make up of the 25 man roster, Crede will replace Bajenaru for the playoffs, and it will pretty much look like it does now.