Question?

the southside tiger

Well, acutally, in my second post ever at soxtalk, I have two questions.

First, how do I change my name? I want it to be "the southside tiger" instead of "el tigre".

Second, and this is kind of random, but how do I get superglue off my skin? I damn near glued my fingers together when decorating my dorm room. My RA suggested gasoline but Im not really that desperate yet. And message board people seem intelligent, so I figured I might as well throw this one out there.

Thanks guys!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(el tigre @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)

First, how do I change my name? I want it to be "the southside tiger" instead of "el tigre".

Second, and this is kind of random, but how do I get superglue off my skin? I damn near glued my fingers together when decorating my dorm room. My RA suggested gasoline but Im not really that desperate yet. And message board people seem intelligent, so I figured I might as well throw this one out there.

Thanks guys!

#1.. a mod can help you.

#2.. fingernail polish remover.

QUOTE(el tigre @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)

Thanks guys!

Steff is correct as always regarding the super glue.

LMAO at bold above. Stick around, you'll change your mind :D

I'll make certain the name change happens, it takes an admin. Thank you for not registering and adding another point in the data bank.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)

Thanks guys!

Done.

Welcome aboard!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
You also might want to try "Goo-Gone" if you dont like the smell of fingernail polish remover.  Its a citrus based glue/compound remover.

It also gets baked on ketchup and mustard off of car doors without taking the pain or dulling the paint!

We had a problem in the neighborhood with some 12 and 13 year old girls throwing ketchup and mustard on cars and mine was hit several times. Our neighbor caught them in the act and had a talk with the parents. No more ketchup and mustard probelms unless you count when I ran out and had no ketchup for my fries lol. haha

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
And candle wax off carpeting... :ph34r:

Seriously? We still have a patch of wax we hide with an extra piece of carpet. Poor stinky butt ended up with hairless balls because of that.

(Brian's nephew didn't listen and let him out and then knocked over a wax potpourri thing and stinky was covered in it - I really didn't think he was going to live but the stubborn little bastard is still begging treats from me to this day.)

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
Seriously?  We still have a patch of wax we hide with an extra piece of carpet.  Poor stinky butt ended up with hairless balls because of that.

(Brian's nephew didn't listen and let him out and then knocked over a wax potpourri thing and stinky was covered in it - I really didn't think he was going to live but the stubborn little bastard is still begging treats from me to this day.)

Yep, seriously. We had an unfortunately candle accident after drinking a few bottles of wine... :rolly Took a little elbow grease, but put it on there, let it "soak" for 15 minutes or so then with a fine tooth comb, comb it out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Well, since this entire topic is random, let me throw something out there.  I heard that if you throw a piece of bologna on the hood of a car and let it sit there on a hot day, it peels the paint off of the hood perfectly in a circle.

Most of the time it will bubble the paint.

EDIT: since we're on the topic of f***ing up cars. I don't recommend putting vaseline on your windshield either.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Well, since this entire topic is random, let me throw something out there.  I heard that if you throw a piece of bologna on the hood of a car and let it sit there on a hot day, it peels the paint off of the hood perfectly in a circle.

God i love a good bologna sandwich

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Have you actually tried it?  This is just one of those things I've heard a couple of times.

We had a pretty big parking lot at my HS, so a lot of things happened to cars. A couple buddies of mine had their cars f***ed with vaselin, bologna, eggs, spray paint among other helpful objects you'd find lying around the house.

One guy hit my car with a carton of eggs so I put his head through his driver's side window. :)

Anything to take off egg stains from stucco? A friend had their house egged and the eggs have baked onto the stucco.

Red white neutralizes white wine and vice versa.

Toothpaste the holes in the wall when moving out of a dorm room.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
We had a pretty big parking lot at my HS, so a lot of things happened to cars. A couple buddies of mine had their cars f***ed with vaselin, bologna, eggs, spray paint among other helpful objects you'd find lying around the house.

One guy hit my car with a carton of eggs so I put his head through his driver's side window. :)

Whoa! What kind of high school did you attend?!!?

;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
God i love a good bologna sandwich

On Wonderbread with mustard. I also like to cut a little X shape into the middle so it fries fully in the pan.

Man, I am so white trash with that :lolhitting