Carl Everett

IlliniKrush

Agreed...this guy, with his sinker, could be one of the better pitchers in the game someday.  He's just got to learn to trust his stuff.

What happened to him just trusting his sinker and saying "hit it if you can?" He wasn't gonna nibble on the corners, just throw the wicked sinker. Is it gonna be hot in Oak-town tomorrow? Maybe the sinker will be dropping off the table if it is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to him just trusting his sinker and saying "hit it if you can?" He wasn't gonna nibble on the corners, just throw the wicked sinker. Is it gonna be hot in Oak-town tomorrow? Maybe the sinker will be dropping off the table if it is.

Hot and dry. If the humidity is down....it could bite like a motherf***er. Then again...they were talking about his stuff in ST being better than they'd ever seen it. ST in Arizona is a b****....that is thick ass air up/down there.

I hope Garland wins again. The only teams he's beaten this year have been good and the only teams he's lost to have been bad teams. I wouldn't mind if that streak kept up tomorrow...but come next week, that streak better end.

Well I don't see any chance that the Rangers would turn down moving Everett. I still believe the Sox could do it for much less. I'd also rather give up Garland for someone like Beltran and make one last attempt at that.

As far as Lee for Ponson, I've always felt that would be a rather fair trade.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Interesting possibility. But... are both trades do-able?

it would be nice wouldnt it............ahh the power of wishful thinking...... :D

The thing is, if we are trading a "unknown" in Garland we better be getting someone we could really count on in return and the thing I fear most about everett is the fact that he is injury prone.

If he's healthy he will tear the cover off the ball, but he hasn't proven to be healthy for a long time.

I'd rather just do a Lee for Kotsay swap since Lee would be gone either way and this way we keep our pitching staff strong, which to me is key.

Then Daubach can play left with Rios getting some time there as well as Borchard (possibly).

Guest hotsoxchick1

there isnt too much unknown about garland... hes been breaking out about as long as lee has now... or seems like it anyhow....he isnt gonna give you much more than what hes doing now jas... sorry to say..........times up we need bat help and we need it now........

Well if were willing to give up Garland then I'd like a premier type guy, cause Garland is the type of guy that has a ton of value on the trading block. Carlos Beltran would be a superior pickup. Maybe we can work a 4 way type deal out.

Lee and Garland leave the Sox

Cruz leaves the Cubs

Randa leaves the Royals

Hillebrand leaves the BoSox.

BoSox get Randa and Cruz. Royals get Lee and Garland, Cubs get Hilly, Sox get Beltran. Of course if this is the case, then Lee and Garland could be just traded straight up to KC and I don't see that happening.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas i hate to break your bubble here but me thinks you put too much stock in young mr. garland..........mho........ ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Jon Adkins, Dave Sanders, Corwin Malone for Everett would be good... i think that he is the left hitter that we need.

theyre not gonna take 3 crap minor leaguers for 1 good major leaguer bat.....just aint gonna happen... :D nice try though......

Well if were willing to give up Garland then I'd like a premier type guy, cause Garland is the type of guy that has a ton of value on the trading block.  Carlos Beltran would be a superior pickup.

Right, lets trade him to the team in first place, for a guy who wouldn't resign with us. He's a free agent after this year, no way.

Everett -

oh good, another pr diaster and team cancer, another Belle, another Cordero, another Clayton -

Bla, bla, bla, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Teamate ex-wife f***er = cancer

Wife beater = cancer

Quiet and wants to be left alone does not = cancer :nono

I met Everett in Boston during the AS game when it was there.. he was pretty relaxed and easy going. People seemed pretty comfortable with him. Him and Nomar were pretty tight. Nomar is hardly the type to hang with someone who's bad news. JMO though.

Steff, not offense intended at Everett as I failed to make clear -

I actually kind of liked Belle but he was a PR diaster, right or wrong; I was Royce's fan (as I did not know of his off field exploits) and he was a PR diaster - Everett is another PR diaster. For whatever reason, right or wrong.

He and Frank can team up and form the likes which has never been seen...

and they'll call themselves Tenacious ME.

You don't treat clubhouse illness by injecting yourself with dirty needles.

I've been told that I'm unique with my sense of humor and my analogies. Sometimes people are complimenting me and sometimes ..... well you get the idea. I live in Pittsburgh, at least until May 14 I do. I call Pittsburgh "a poor mans San Fransisco". Come here some day, the hills and vistas are magnificent, until you look closer and see a badly decaying rust belt city. Albert Belle and Carl Everett, the same surly countenance but lets say Belle is SF to Everetts Pittsburgh. By now Steff you are probably saying " shut up already SI". But I say why give a simple explanation when a more complicated one will do? :bang Oh yes, and I still don't want Everett. Sorry if that's more than you bargained for but moving is making me neurotic. :huh: