Garland pitching game 1

BigSqwert

Since I am actually here in Texas for the week I thought I should comment on the matchups in today's doubleheader. Let me make this clear....it is VERY hot in Texas right now. So why is Garland getting the day game when it will be around 97 or 98 degrees while he is pitching? I feel that he should be pitching the night game when it cools down a bit. Why would Ozzie want his stud to labor in the intense heat and sun? Hasn't Jon earned the right to get the favorable start time? In my opinion you bring up the youngster to chew up the less desirable innings since he hasn't earned anything yet.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully both Jon and Bmac both walk away with a victory.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Since I am actually here in Texas for the week I thought I should comment on the matchups in today's doubleheader.  Let me make this clear....it is VERY hot in Texas right now.  So why is Garland getting the day game when it will be around 97 or 98 degrees while he is pitching?  I feel that he should be pitching the night game when it cools down a bit.  Why would Ozzie want his stud to labor in the intense heat and sun?  Hasn't Jon earned the right to get the favorable start time?  In my opinion you bring up the youngster to chew up the less desirable innings since he hasn't earned anything yet.

Just my 2 cents.  Hopefully both Jon and Bmac both walk away with a victory.

You must have a boring job.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Maybe they want some momentum heading into the 2nd game....  :huh

Also, the first game usually has the better lineup from both teams in the game. You'd have to think Garland has a better chance of success against the "A" Rangers offense than McCarthy does. I've never been one to shy away from complaining about Ozzie....but this is the right move.

There is a very good reason for this. They want to be able to have Bajenaru for game one in the pen. If they recall McCarthy for game one, then they can't use Baj for either game. At least this way they have a spare pitcher for one of the games, and Garland pitching game one instead of game two makes this possible.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
There is a very good reason for this.  They want to be able to have Bajenaru for game one in the pen.  If they recall McCarthy for game one, then they can't use Baj for either game.  At least this way they have a spare pitcher for one of the games, and Garland pitching game one instead of game two makes this possible.

Yep, might as well get some innings up from Baj while he's here, to keep the pen fresh, so guys like Politte can rest their arms a little, and hopefully get their velocity back to where it was earlier in the season. And he looked pretty good last night.