"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
A ten pitch strikeout for PK, possibly the most overrated player on earth. Whatever he asks for in the offseason, he should not get it. He is the old team, we need someone like Sean Casey to represent the new Sox.

OPS by month PK Casey

April .814 .680

May .790 .920

June .933 .712

July .888 .760

Aug 1.003 1.030

Right. Not so much.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
A ten pitch strikeout for PK, possibly the most overrated player on earth. Whatever he asks for in the offseason, he should not get it. He is the old team, we need someone like Sean Casey to represent the new Sox.

Worst.Post.Evar.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Atleast the other base clogger hits for average. PK doesnt do that. Although I would gladly take the 2000-2002 Paulie. He hit for average in those years. Now all he does is hit for power.

Yeah, he does hit for power, and is one of the best in baseball at it. Why don't you ask Reds fans how they feel about Casey's power? Casey is a great guy, but I'll take PK.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
Yeah, he does hit for power, and is one of the best in baseball at it.  Why don't you ask Reds fans how they feel about Casey's power?  Casey is a great guy, but I'll take PK.

Paul has been awesome since May.

Horrible in May.

Decent in April.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
Paul has been awesome since May.

Horrible in May.

Decent in April.

Yeah, I would have hate to see our offense the last few months with PK out. His presence in the lineup is severely underrated.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
This isn't a shot at Widger, but why would you ever throw Soriano a 3-2 fastball?  He'll chase anything close.  With a 5 run lead, it's understandable though.

didnt chase the 2-2 breaking ball the pitch before

Yeah, he does hit for power, and is one of the best in baseball at it.  Why don't you ask Reds fans how they feel about Casey's power?  Casey is a great guy, but I'll take PK.

No, hes not. Hes 28th in the bigs in RBIs. In the only category he actually does well in, homeruns, hes 11th in the bigs.

As for the current game, Soriano doubles and the no hitter is gone. Oh well, it was a nice effort.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
This isn't a shot at Widger, but why would you ever throw Soriano a 3-2 fastball?  He'll chase anything close.  With a 5 run lead, it's understandable though.

Better than any pitch out of the zone with that lead. No hitter don't matter at all.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
didnt chase the 2-2 breaking ball the pitch before

Exactly....go right back with it, and he's likely not expecting it. My comment had more to do with questioning why any pitcher would throw a 3-2 fastball to Sox hitters. Soriano is similar in regards to chasing the righty offspeed pitch.