Joey B

Cali

I just looked up Borchard's stats, he only has 2 HR's in 86 AB's! :o

It can't just be the wrist tendenitis, I think he only had 1 before the injury and maybe 1 after.

Joe where's the power!?! :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

your right he had the broken bone in the foot last season thing out of spring training..... it is his wrists bothering him and he was (not sure if he still is or not maybe rex can shed a bit of lite on this) listed as day to day....maybe he hasnt seen alot at bats lately????? rex???????care to take this one.........sorry i just havent been following them like i usually do...

I don't care if he goes a month without a homer in AAA.  I want him to get that swing shortened and the holes in it closed up.  The HR's will come for this guy, when he does.

you could be right, maybe he's trying to shorten the swing, which is causing the lack of HR's. Though he only has 4 doubles, and a s*** load of singles.

I just looked up Borchard's stats, he only has 2 HR's in 86 AB's!  :o

It can't just be the wrist tendenitis, I think he only had 1 before the injury and maybe 1 after.

Wrist injuries can and usually do sap your power. I had a friend that had a similar wrist problem a few years ago and never went on the DL, played 113 games, yet had by far his worst power year of his career.

That year he hit 8 HR in 113 games. The previous five years, all in AAA, his HR totals were 17, 13, 18, 18 and 21 the year before the injury.

That kind of wrist injury will only go away with a long period of rest, yet it does not keep you from being able to play.

I would definitely chalk up Joe B's lack of power to the wrist injury.

Wrist injuries can and usually do sap your power. I had a friend that had a similar wrist problem a few years ago and never went on the DL, played 113 games, yet had by far his worst power year of his career.

That year he hit 8 HR in 113 games. The previous five years, all in AAA, his HR totals were 17, 13, 18, 18 and 21 the year before the injury.

That kind of wrist injury will only go away with a long period of rest, yet it does not keep you from being able to play.

we'll he did only have one before it.

By golly...who knew Borchard wasn't gonna be a 40-120 guy at the majors by now? Afterall, isn't every 14th pick, converted QB destined for greatness?

I am beginning to think he is to Sox fans what Prior is to Cub fans.....minus the HOF talent, health...and plagued by football nostalgia to boot.

I really hope I am wrong and Joebo comes up soon and makes us forget Choi, Dunn, Burrell and other precocious McGwire wannabe's.......but with our luck, it won't happen :)

we'll he did only have one before it.

The point is, since the injury is more of the nagging variety, he could have been having problems long before we knew him to be injured. Tendonitis is not something that just appears one day out of the blue. It is not like a pulled hamstring where one day you are fine, the next your hammy is black and blue.

Like I said before, the night my wife and I saw him in Charlotte his stroke was as long as ever and pitchers were taking advantage of him by getting him to bite on offspeed stuff when he seemed to be looking for the dead red fastball. Don't we have any teachers in our organization. With a little work Borchard can be good IMO.

Like I said before, the night my wife and I saw him in Charlotte his stroke was as long as ever and pitchers were taking advantage of him by getting him to bite on offspeed stuff when he seemed to be looking for the dead red fastball. Don't we have any teachers in our organization. With a little work Borchard can be good IMO.

Supposedly Greg Walker is the hitting coach on the rise. This is his chance to get noticed, both with Borchard down there, and with the big teams offense struggling.