Our lead is down to 6.5 games.

Ishmookie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those series early on where we would win the first two and put all of the scrubs in for the third game and lose are kicking us in the ass right now. Keep the bench players sharp, rest the starters for the long haul is what we were told. Who on this team is benefiting from this crap-ass theory right now?

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
like I've said, we didn't have Podsednik in those games.  he comes back, goes 0-5 and we lose, then goes 3-5 and we win, and currently is not playing and we're losing.  it's more of an unfortunate time to play those playoff-caliber teams.

You think the difference in everyone's AVG in August is due to Podsednik being on the DL?

Oh boy...

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
That 7 game losing streak was something we all knew was going to happen.  It happens to just about every team during the course of a season.  That was our 'bump in the road'.  Since it ended we are playing .600 ball. The slump is over.  We aren't choking.

We've now had two of our worst slumps (7 straight losses and 4 out of 5 losses) in the past few weeks. I'm not so sure this is a bump in the road anymore. We have absolutely no swagger, and this team has no chance to come back in games now.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
You think the difference in everyone's AVG in August is due to Podsednik being on the DL?

Oh boy...

well this month only Konerko, Everett, and Dye are hitting over .280, and in May thru July Pods hit .304, .296, and .308, which were months where Iguchi hit .275 then .244 (an aberration) and .293, Dye hit .275 then .337 then .293, and so on. so Pods' best 3 months happen to be most everone elses' best 2 or 3 months.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Some fans are in massive denial about this team's problems.  It's ok though, that's the way they view things.  :gosox3:

we've still got problems, and are in need of a quality lefty bat. but it won't be as bad once Podsednik can play every day.

or you can look at it this way: this month, the Sox are hitting .244, 26th in the majors. in June they hit .271 and July hit .279. even in May the team average was .254. or you could say it's a complete coincidence that the team's worst month in terms of average happens to be the same month that their leadoff hitter misses 2 weeks and hits .211.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
or you can look at it this way:  this month, the Sox are hitting .244, 26th in the majors.  in June they hit .271 and July hit .279.  even in May the team average was .254.  or you could say it's a complete coincidence that the team's worst month in terms of average happens to be the same month that their leadoff hitter misses 2 weeks and hits .211.

Or that the 271 and 279 months were when this HOF type hitter was hitting 3rd and went on the DL late in July. Then that + pods = bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Or that the 271 and 279 months were when this HOF type hitter was hitting 3rd and went on the DL late in July.  Then that + pods = bad.

which supports what I'm saying: we need another bat and Pods in the lineup...c'mon KW, you've got less than 7 hours.

You can look at things however you want....but the one thing that's obvious is that the Indians are peaking, and the Sox are slumping. If this happens again in September, we're not making the playoffs.

alls I'm saying is that it's highly likely we'll turn it around. if I remember correctly, we only play 1 series against a non-central team in September, so any sportwriter who doubted us to begin with has a scenario in which if the Sox continue to play like they have, they could blow it. I just don't see it happening like that.

we need to break out of this slump soon. Seriously, its been a long time, and now we need to step up against the central and get hot down the stretch. WS championships are won by getting hot at the right time. The indians have peaked too soon, and we obviously arent, I think we still got this.

...always look on the bright side of life!

whistle

Always look on the bright side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten!

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps,

Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!

And... always look on the bright side of life...

whistle

Come on!

other start to join in

Always look on the bright side of life...

whistle

For life is quite absurd,

And death's the final word.

You must always face the curtain with a bow!

Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,

Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!

Just before you draw your terminal breath.

Life's a piece of sh*t,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,

You'll see it's all a show,

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have a tally sheet in my room. If we we go .500 the rest of the way (well now 16-15) and the Indians lose 8 games we win the central.

Lets see here if we at least do this the rest of the way were in:

Split with Detroit at home. (2-2)

2 of 3 vs KC at home. (4-3)

1 of 3 vs LAA at home (5-5)

2 of 3 @ KC (7-6)

1 of 3 @ Minn (8-8)

*2 of 3 @ Cleveland (10-9)

split with Minn at home (12-11)

split @ detroit (14-13)

1 of 3 @ cleveland (15-15)

Win final game of year vs Boston (16-15)

Thats obviously the minimum goal for the rest of the year. We can easily do much better, but with the way wev'e been playing we can easily do much worse. So 16-15 is my goal.