Hurt not ruling out October

White Sox Josh

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Just so there wouldn't be a 50 page thread on Frank coming back in October. Since you wouldn't know me if I was standing in front of you, you really shouldn't make assumptions of what I wouldn't know s*** about.

Ok .. I'll call you on it. What do you know beyond what the rest of us know?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I know that he won't be able to play for the rest of 2005, and its no sure thing he will be able to play in 2006.

No .. you are guessing. As I said, you don't really KNOW s*** about it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
You have the right to your opinion. Time will tell.

Time won't prove your point. I have already agreed that it isn't very probable. All I'm trying to say is that Frank said there is chance, yet you act like you have the definitive answer. If you know more than Frank does about this, I yeild. If not ........

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
Time won't prove your point.  I have already agreed that it isn't very probable.  All I'm trying to say is that Frank said there is chance, yet you act like you have the definitive answer.  If you know more than Frank does about this, I yeild.  If not ........

I think you're the guy that was criticizing my spelling a couple of months ago. You may want to look at how you spelled yield. :D

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:42 AM)
I think you're the guy that was criticizing my spelling a couple of months ago. You may want to look at how you spelled yield.  :D

I noticed that after I sent it ... but what the hell, I was on a roll. :)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:36 AM)
Seems like A-row hits better when frank is around, anyone notice this?

I dunno. Arow hasn't been himself all year offensively (or has he been??). However, I see him starting to get locked in and one thing about Aaron is, once he gets locked in during a season he seems to stay locked in.

If he can get rolling like he was last year, it could mean really big things for this offense, especially with JD getting on track.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
Would you care to make a wager? He's in a cast, if the best case scenerio occured and he was able to get the cast off in a couple weeks, that would leave him with 2 weeks until the playoffs to get strength back into the area, and get sharp enough hitting to where he actually could contribute. He wouldn't be able to take a minor league rehab assignment, since the minor league season will be over. There was the same pipe dream that he and Maggs would possibly return last year. It isn't going to happen, its not realistic.

I'm on the same page as you Dick. I've written off Frank's career and I'm hoping the Sox have as well. I think bringing him back this year would be a mistake. Now if Frank is able to get in some Ab's and look good before the season ends, well thats another story. I just don't see it happening.

Plus, Frank was a selfish hitter while with the Sox this year and thats not the type of guy I want on this team. 12 hr's or none, he was killing this team with his swing for the fence approach (especially once he cooled off).

Man, Dick and Chisoxfn are total wet blankets.

For the love of God, Frank Thomas is the last Chicago star athlete that is still around from when I was growing up, is there anything wrong with believing and hoping that the "chance" that Frank speaks of comes to be?

I want Frank to retire a White Sox and I hope he gets his 500 with us.

Why do you guys HAVE to rain on our parade? You made your point and most of us interested in it have read it, considered it, and moved on. I think what really got to me is that one of you said you are emphasizing the point "just so there isnt' a 50 page thread on it." Is it so wrong to get excited?

Just let us hope.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
I'm on the same page as you Dick.  I've written off Frank's career and I'm hoping the Sox have as well.  I think bringing him back this year would be a mistake.  Now if Frank is able to get in some Ab's and look good before the season ends, well thats another story.  I just don't see it happening.

Plus, Frank was a selfish hitter while with the Sox this year and thats not the type of guy I want on this team.  12 hr's or none, he was killing this team with his swing for the fence approach (especially once he cooled off).

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

That whole post is laughable. The White Sox went 24-10 with Frank in the lineup. 14 games over .500. I wish we could get another player to "kill" the team like that for the second half of the season. I remember the game against Detroit where Frank hit the HR in the 13th to help us win that game and there was another game where we were losing late and he tied up the game with a HR. I'll take that any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Sadly... likely true.

I don't doubt you or your sources at all. I just don't see why this is in every Chicago media right now. I understand the papers run with these types of things, but the first place I saw it was Chisox.com. I don't understand why they're posting this, if that's the case.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
I don't doubt you or your sources at all.  I just don't see why this is in every Chicago media right now.  I understand the papers run with these types of things, but the first place I saw it was Chisox.com.  I don't understand why they're posting this, if that's the case.

I'm hunching greasy.