NFL Rankings

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Not deep at LB huh? How about Urlacher, Briggs, Odom, Hillenmeyer, Ayanbadejo, and Woods?

Odom, Hillenmeyer, Ayanbadejo, and Woods are glorified special teams players. If any one of those guys is starting for you or even posing as the main back-up at the OLB slots, that can not be good.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
DE: Ogunleye = All-Pro

DT: Harris = All-Pro Caliber

DT: Scott = Solid

DE: Brown = All-Pro Caliber

LB: Hillenmeyer = Solid

LB: Urlacher = All-Pro

LB: Briggs = All-Pro Caliber

CB: Tillman = All-Pro Caliber

CB: Azumah = Solid

FS: Green = Solid

SS: Brown = All-Pro

Best defense of all time. :D

My version:

DE: Ogunleye (All-Pro Caliber)

DT: Harris (All-Pro Caliber)

DT: HOLE

DE: Brown (Solid)

LB: HOLE

LB: Urlacher (All-Pro Caliber)

LB: Briggs (Solid)

CB: Tillman (Solid)

CB: HOLE

FS: Green (Solid)

SS: Brown (All-Pro Caliber)

And Ogunleye isn't exactly what I'd call a run-stuffer. He's just prolific when it comes to the pass rush. I can just as easily call him merely solid overall, as a lot of people outside of Chicago have. But that is the extent of my Bears homerism.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Well, their 2 best O-line men and you know how hard it is to find good O-line men in this league..you can't just replace 2 top-of-the-line-men just like that with out gettin worse.

and NBC broke down the Pack and what do ya know..same concerns I laid out..picked them 4th

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8667886/

Also, finally not a bad breakdown of the bears..he picked us to finsih 2nd or tied for 2nd with the Lions

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8667961/

I think I will pass on what NBC analysis says about my football team. I could care less. For the past few years all the prognosticators have predicted the fall of the Packers and the rise of the Vikings in the North. It is like a mad rush to try and be right for once on their fall.

The analysts also said that the Sox would be a 4th place team in the central. These guys are highly paid guessers, nothing more.

I know you gouys dislike the Pack and want the Bears to win(for the mostpart). However, I will wait until the season starts and let my teams play do the talking and we can discuss how good or bad each of our respective teams are once the real games begin.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Odom, Hillenmeyer, Ayanbadejo, and Woods are glorified special teams players.  If any one of those guys is starting for you or even posing as the main back-up at the OLB slots, that can not be good.

Best defense of all time. :D

My version:

DE: Ogunleye (All-Pro Caliber)

DT: Harris (All-Pro Caliber)

DT: HOLE

DE: Brown (Solid)

LB: HOLE

LB: Urlacher (All-Pro Caliber)

LB: Briggs (Solid)

CB: Tillman (Solid)

CB: HOLE

FS: Green (Solid)

SS: Brown (All-Pro Caliber)

And Ogunleye isn't exactly what I'd call a run-stuffer.  He's just prolific when it comes to the pass rush.  I can just as easily call him merely solid overall, as a lot of people outside of Chicago have.  But that is the extent of my Bears homerism.

The D-Line doesn't need a run stuffer. If anything, Scott is a run-stuffer. The way Lovie has his defensive schemes set up, there is always a hole covered. The main 3, Waly, Brown, and Tommy are pass-rushers. Scott is the big guy run-stuffer like big Ted Washington was. I still think it was a mistake to let him go. But I did say that the only holes I would consider were those that you listed... :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Bears fans remind me of Cubs fans, only less annoying. Everyone was saying if no one got hurt this would be the Bears year. Now, even without Grossman, the Bears can win the division? Or even win 10 games?

That's what I find funny about the Orton situation. I didn't know many people that liked Orton after Purdue's season last year. My friends at Purdue were ready to see him go after his choking of the second half of last year.

Now Orton is the next Jim McMahon....of course w/out the sunglasses. B)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
That's what I find funny about the Orton situation.  I didn't know many people that liked Orton after Purdue's season last year.  My friends at Purdue were ready to see him go after his choking of the second half of last year. 

Us Colts guys need to stick together.

What's the latest on Stokely?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Bears fans remind me of Cubs fans, only less annoying. Everyone was saying if no one got hurt this would be the Bears year. Now, even without Grossman, the Bears can win the division? Or even win 10 games?

I'm a Bears fan and I don't think that.

We aren't winning the division nor will we win 10 games, but we won't be the worst team in the NFL as stated by these rankings.

From another Bears board I go to.

In case folks missed it, Moose and Peanut were on the SCORE with Zack Z and Moose was asked when Orton first really impressed him.

Moose responded that it was the play where he threw the TD pass against the Bills. As we all know, Orton didn't hear the actual play. But what Moose revealed was that the play he called didn't exist!!!! Orton called a blocking scheme, the patterns, etc. etc. etc., but it was not in the playbook and had never been practiced. Moose went on to point out that usually the best one can expect in situations like that is an incomplete pass. However, Orton understood the meaning of what he had called and where his receivers would end up and they scored a TD. Moose went on to suggest that many Vets would have screwed that up and Orton converted it.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
I'm a Bears fan and I don't think that.

We aren't winning the division nor will we win 10 games, but we won't be the worst team in the NFL as stated by these rankings.

I don't think all Cubs fans are idiots, nor do i think of all Bears fans like Cubs fans. But some stuff I'm reading is ridiculous.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:26 AM)
That's what I find funny about the Orton situation.  I didn't know many people that liked Orton after Purdue's season last year.  My friends at Purdue were ready to see him go after his choking of the second half of last year. 

Like its been said a thousand times the reason for his decline was because he was playing injured.... B4 he suffered that injury he was a heisman candidate if not the favorite.

Some of you may know that I am not a big believer in the Bears. While I do see that they have some talent, they also have some huge holes. I see them winning somewhere between 5 and 8 games. Those are the lowest and highest totals I see. I believe that their defense is strong enough to keep them in enough games, but I don't see their offense being good enough to push them towards playoff contention. We need to finish at least in the middle of the pack offensively to really contend, which I don't see happening. No matter how much we like Orton, he is still only a rookie. Only Marino and Roethelisberger were solid QB's as rookies, and Shaun King was carried to the playoffs by a stellar defense. He's also hampered by the fact that he only has one legit receiver in Mohammad. Although Jones is decent and Benson may be decent by the end of the year, they don't amount to the type of running game that can carry an offense.

While I think SI picking us to finish last is ludicrous, the talk of 10 wins and the playoffs is just as crazy. The Ravens did win it all, however their defense was spectacular that year, and Lewis had a big year, and it could be considered a fluke looking at every other Super Bowl champ. Even the 85 Bears had the great Walter Payton, and McMahon gave us a somewhat credible passing game. The Bears need to get at least one more playmaker on offense before they can be considered a real threat.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
Well I really think anything less than 7 games is a dissapointment.... Ill take 7-9 if we show improvement but if its 5-11 means we didnt improve at all and 6-10 means with everything we added it only resulted in 1 game.

I can definitely agree with that logic... :cheers

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
I just don't think the Bear D can carry the o. (Little O, cause that's how I feel they will perform. I don't know, but I just think the Bears will have enough luck to not lose another important player to injuries again.

The offense is improved and the defense is better because of health...explain the logic.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
You've got a starting QB with 0 NFL experience. The Steelers handled it just fine, but the Bears ain't the Steelers.

If Mushin Muhammad and Cedric Benson are playoff pieces, wow.

All-Pro WR, best in the NFL last season.

Bruising RB with capability to be next Ricky Williams - Off-Field garbage.

Don't forget a healthy O-Line with the additions of Miller and Garza. Oh, and Orton and Bradley are gods. :D