NFL Rankings

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
You said Detroit twice.  :bang

Anyways I think Houston, Detroit, the Giants, and the Bucs will be better than the Bears this year but that's JMHO. New Orleans no-one knows how they are going to respond.

Well that is quite obviously because the Bears are that superior to Detroit.

It's really hard to rank the teams at this point all I know is; 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. :D

Edited by WHarris1

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Okey doke. I'll sport a Bears one if they go over .500. 8-8 or lower....you're gonna get a Colts one.

You do know if it wasnt for a blown call that even Lion fans will admit we would be 6-10.... you dont think with all those upgrades we cant win 2 more games... keep in mind we did win 3 with Krenzel a lower draft pick than Orton with a lot less potential.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
You do know if it wasnt for a blown call that even Lion fans will admit we would be 6-10.... you dont think with all those upgrades we cant win 2 more games... keep in mind we did win 3 with Krenzel a lower draft pick than Orton with a lot less potential.

First, the Bears would need to win 9 games as I said over .500. I never said .500. Secondly, draft picks mean nothing. Tom Brady was a nobody with no potential and Ryan Leaf was a somebody with all the potential.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
First, the Bears would need to win 9 games as I said over .500. I never said .500. Secondly, draft picks mean nothing. Tom Brady was a nobody with no potential and Ryan Leaf was a somebody with all the potential.

Ok but do you really think Orton cant do better than what Krenzel did?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Ok but do you really think Orton cant do better than what Krenzel did?

That's the thing. NO ONE knows. No NFL snaps. I don't think Orton can do 3 games better than the Bears did last year. Hell, he'll probably get hurt just to spite you guys. If the Bears win 9 games I'll eat crow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
I was referring to both sides. There's a lot of bias for and against the Bears on here.

Ah I gotcha.

All I know for sure is I cannot wait until Sunday. :headbang

Just my last Bear slurping summary before Sunday...

I just say 8-9 wins because I see

5 wins+1 getting f***ed @ DET+Mike Brown for 14 more games+Urlacher for a full season+Zoom/Ogun/Tillman healthy+a #1 f***ing WR+1 solid tackle+1 serviceable G+a #4 overall pick at RB...

Looks like 8-9 wins to me. We shall see.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)

You can't make assumptions that they will automatically finish with a better record than they did last year. This is a different season with different opponents and different rosters around the league. A team doesn't necessarily do better the next season when they have more experience and a better roster because breaks can change from year to year. The Bears probably shouldn't have beaten GB or Minnesota last year, and at the beginning of the year we probably wouldn't have thought we'd beat Tennessee. On the other hand, we probably thought we'd beat Washington, Houston and Dallas. I've said it many times, but I don't see a massive turnaround coming. I'll be happy to put my money where my mouth is and make a sig bet with someone that the Bears won't finish over .500. There's a reason that I haven't seen a magazine or group of experts pick them over 25th yet.

Yo Heads... B)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../509060426/1100

WR Stokley returns to practice, expects to play in Colts' opener

By Mike Chappell

[email protected]

Brandon Stokley sounded very much like someone who will be playing, not watching, when the Indianapolis Colts open the regular season Sunday night in Baltimore.

The team's No. 3 wide receiver has been cleared for practice after missing the entire preseason with a dislocated left shoulder. Stokley went through the team's light workout Monday evening and expects to be on the field Wednesday afternoon when preparation for the Ravens intensifies.

"It pretty much comes down to what the coaches think is best for the team," he said. "If they think I'm able to play, I'll play.

"I feel pretty good."

Stokley, who suffered the injury Aug. 4 during a practice for the preseason opener in Tokyo, has been catching passes the past few weeks. He accompanied the team on its final two preseason trips, snaring passes during informal pregame activities at Denver and Cincinnati.

Coach Tony Dungy smiled when asked what else the Colts need to do to be convinced Stokley's shoulder is ready for the Ravens.

"I don't know, other than probably have us slam him around a little bit," he said.

That won't happen, but Stokley isn't likely to get final clearance to play until later this week. When he plays, he'll wear a brace that stabilizes his shoulder.

While Stokley is practicing, the team lost receiver Troy Walters for at least a few days. His contract was terminated to make room for linebacker Keith O'Neil, who was claimed off waivers from Dallas.

The Colts hope to re-sign Walters, perhaps as soon as Wednesday, unless injuries force the team to address other positions.

The Colts have explored the possibility of signing free agent wide receiver Jerome Pathon, a move that likely hinges on Stokley's condition. Pathon was the Colts' second-round draft pick in 1998; he has spent the past three seasons with New Orleans.

Bears notes - They signed J.T Sullivan for Green Bay as a 3rd/4th string QB.

Gage will start in week 1.

Oh and Garza's already out of the starting lineup. That can't be good.

Terrence Metcalf has been named the Bears' starting right guard.

Roberto Garza moves to the bench, where he will serve as the team's top backup at both guard spots and center. Sep. 6 - 8:55 am et

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
Bears notes - They signed J.T Sullivan for Green Bay as a 3rd/4th string QB.

Gage will start in week 1.

Oh and Garza's already out of the starting lineup. That can't be good.

J.T. O'Sullivan will be on the Practice Squad.

Gage was believed to be the #2 WR comming into the year and has held his spot. Mark Bradley will still see some time as the #2 on Sunday along with Wade in the slot on those cross patterns and Berrian on the outside from time to time going down field.

Metcalf over Garza is not an earth shattering move.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
I think that's absurd

I dont' in the least.

Given the parity in the NFL...it's not out of the question to think that outside of san francisco...the worst team in the league could finish up with 4-5 wins. I have difficulty sitting here and pointing at any team that doesnt' have hope of winning at least that many...even S.F.

The Bears are not an 0-16 team...but I certainly would be surprised if they could even push being an 8-8 team. I can see them picking off 4-5 wins, which to me, puts them in the very top part of the draft again. And if the 9ers decide they're satisfied with their QB, that leaves Leinart up for grabs to any below-average team who loses its tiebreakers.