**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(infohawk @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
I still question why El Duque was left in to start the sixth, but this game is officially off of Ozzie's shoulders.  Just bad pitching and no offense.  One more day until September.  Hopefully we can put August behind us and get back to our winning ways.

I don't have a problem with Duque starting the 6th. However, he should have been pulled after Young's homer. With our offense, there's a HUGE difference between being down 1 and being down 4 or 5. It just makes me so mad when Ozzie seems to try to milk his pitcher as long as possible, and frequently leaves his pitcher in way too long.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
I don't have a problem with Duque starting the 6th.  However, he should have been pulled after Young's homer.  With our offense, there's a HUGE difference between being down 1 and being down 4 or 5.  It just makes me so mad when Ozzie seems to try to milk his pitcher as long as possible, and frequently leaves his pitcher in way too long.

ozzie needed to have someone warming up the entire inning. dont forget the HBP and youngs homer happened in a span of 2 pitches, so nobody was even close to being warm

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
were going to the library.......for what?.........to read

"What do you think of an alarm clock that immediatley tells you the weather when it goes off? Ah, it's not practical!"

Well we dropped 3 out of 4.

Our top 3 pitchers got destroyed. Our offense came alive for 2 games. Ozzie making sunday lineups on a Wednesday. Timo is leading off again. Carl not being good enough to pinch hit for Timo with men on. Vizcaino pitching like he did earlier.

I see a lot to be positive about.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Well we dropped 3 out of 4.

Our top 3 pitchers got destroyed.  Our offense came alive for 2 games.  Ozzie making sunday lineups on a Wednesday. Timo is leading off again.  Carl not being good enough to pinch hit for Timo with men on.  Vizcaino pitching like he did earlier.

I see a lot to be positive about.

But we beat up on a pitcher making his MLB debut! That means our offense is back.

Only positive thing I could say is the Rangers have done this to other teams as well at their place and that's with the Sox giving them the first two games on silver platters....This homestand starting tomorrow is crucial and the Sox must revert back to the blueprint of Apr, May, June and July and the start of the roadtrip....Sept starts tomorrow so enuff of the resting the starters s*** till the division is clinched....