Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
anyone know why el duque and now ive noticed jenks does too, but they have dirt or something on the back of their hat. its a pretty big spot on the back, and quite frankly im kinda surprised no opposing manager has had the umpire check it. anyone know what it is or why its there?

I know Jenks has had Rosin on his hat just about all year, which is not against the rules. If it were pinetar then yes, an opposing manager would b****, but it's rosin.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
I know Jenks has had Rosin on his hat just about all year, which is not against the rules. If it were pinetar then yes, an opposing manager would b****, but it's rosin.

oh ok thanks, el duque has it too, why not just use teh rosin bag though??

edit: nevermind its probably a superstition

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Everett has been absolutely horrible this year in the 5 hole. 92 ABs, .239 AVG, .725 OPS, 6 HR.

Why put guys in places where they tend not to succeed? Just because you think that's where they should hit?

That's probably because he hit mainly LH in the 5th spot, and 92 ab's really isn't a large enough sample. How many Rbi's did he have??

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Everett has been absolutely horrible this year in the 5 hole. 92 ABs, .239 AVG, .725 OPS, 6 HR.

Why put guys in places where they tend not to succeed? Just because you think that's where they should hit?

The reason AJP has such stellar numbers in the 5 hole is because he only hit there after he caught fire. When he was on his hot streak he was moved to the 5 hole. When he's slumping he's moved down.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Our "regulars"  havent done much in this game, but "this lineup"  which I assumes means the subs, have manufactured a run, and looked more sound in the field.  How is that sadness?

i can't believe i'm arguing this :lol:

this lineup makes it hard to expect anything to happen.

yes, we scratched out a run and that's aweomse. but honestly, how can you hope for anymore?

Edited by SnB