**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
i can't believe i'm arguing this  :lol:

this lineup makes it hard to expect anything to happen.

yes, we scratched out a run and that's aweomse.  but honestly, how can you hope for anymore?

more defensive shortcomings

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
i can't believe i'm arguing this  :lol:

this lineup makes it hard to expect anything to happen.

yes, we scratched out a run and that's aweomse.  but honestly, how can you hope for anymore?

you can hope that the regulars, the middle of the order will produce. But at this point, we are relying on your "murders row" which by the way, executed better than our lineup has in the last few weeks.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
you ARE aware that uribe, harris, timo and ozuna were the only players to manufacture a rally and fundamentally get us a run.

Yes, they helped contribute ONE run. How sad is it that we're content with one run and 2 hits thru 5 innings. Rock...I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that it's another game of the whole lineup not showing up.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Our "regulars"  havent done much in this game, but "this lineup"  which I assumes means the subs, have manufactured a run, and looked more sound in the field.  How is that sadness?

Maybe we can play to a time limit draw. We have become very good at making bad pitchers look great (monday's starter, CJ Wilson yesterday and now today). We just keep tipping our cap to them.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
you can hope that the regulars, the middle of the order will produce.  But at this point, we are relying on your "murders row"  which by the way, executed better than our lineup has in the last few weeks.

:huh: executing once in an inning makes them good?

i do understand that they did a good job so far, but i can't expect them to do anything else this game.

prove me wrong subs :headbang

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Yes, they helped contribute ONE run.  How sad is it that we're content with one run and 2 hits thru 5 innings.  Rock...I'm not saying you're wrong.  It's just that it's another game of the whole lineup not showing up.

thats really all you should expect from the bottom of the order and the bench players. The middle of the order needs to step up.

And someone needs to re-do their field. The hops are absolutley terrible.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Our "regulars"  havent done much in this game, but "this lineup"  which I assumes means the subs, have manufactured a run, and looked more sound in the field.  How is that sadness?

What is this sound defense of which you speak from our subs????

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
thats really all you should expect from the bottom of the order and the bench players.  The middle of the order needs to step up.

And someone needs to re-do their field.  The hops are absolutley terrible.

hence why this lineup makes snb sad

.....my original comment wasn't meant to be argued :lol:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
thats really all you should expect from the bottom of the order and the bench players.  The middle of the order needs to step up.

And someone needs to re-do their field.  The hops are absolutley terrible.

Texas doesn't seem to be having any problems with these bad hops.