**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This resting of the starters in large amounts is getting to complete joke level. Manuel only did it once a week. Ozzie does it like 2 to 3 times a week.

BTW this is what happened to the 2003 Royals, they went out to a start and died in the second half due to bungling managerial decisions.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I read the board alot.....actually almost two years now.

Just started posting today.  I'm the new guy so I  know I could get hazed for speaking inflammatory about El Coacha.

But he makes me hate him

I dont understand you Ozzie 

Pitch up in zone, hanging, tired 4-2 Rangers

He should of been out of the game on the HR, and then the four pitch walk.....

I love the Sox, dont kill me

I dont think Ozzie understand pitching....

Que remarks about our awesome record

What did I say to get banned, or saying to get banned?

im not saying you are going to get banned. Im just curious why you say something, and follow it with "i could get hazed" or "I love the sox, dont kill me"

This is bordering on pathetic. I'm embarrassed what may happen to this team in September, forget October.

We've had enough problems recently with the offense and now the pitching (outside of McCarthy) the last week has been dreadful. This club can't afford for the pitching to slump--ever.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
This resting of the starters in large amounts is getting to complete joke level.  Manuel only did it once a week.  Ozzie does it like 2 to 3 times a week. 

BTW this is what happened to the 2003 Royals, they went out to a start and died in the second half due to bungling managerial decisions.

How big of a lead did the Royals have at one point?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
This resting of the starters in large amounts is getting to complete joke level.  Manuel only did it once a week.  Ozzie does it like 2 to 3 times a week. 

What's Ozzie doing, resting our starters for the stretch run? Well, last time I looked, these games right now are as important as any game in September. How many times can we basically play a game with 6 starters and 3 benchers? You know we're doing the same thing Monday in Boston. I guarantee you that Boston will have their A squad playing.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
there is no reason Carl shouldnt be pinch hitting right here

This is why people dont understand Timo time. When you would rather bat Timo over Carl Freakin Everett it boggles the logic.

2 men on, Can Timo get the runs back with one swing, sure maybe. But who is more likely to hit the 3 run dong, Carl or Timo.

Edited by southsideirish71

This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I don't blame the duke. 100 pitches in 100 degree heat? He's probably 40 years old?

whatever happens, happens. The Sox don't seem to be fazed at all by the shrinking lead in their division. No sense of urgency.

I don't typically question Ozzie, but to me El Duque is really a five-inning pitcher. Especially against a team that can hit like the Rangers. I don't know why he didn't just turn the game over to the bullpen after taking the lead. I'm an Ozzie fan, but I don't see what there is to gain by leaving El Duque in beyond 80-85 pitches against the Rangers.

Edited by infohawk

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)

im not saying you are going to get banned. Im just curious why you say something, and follow it with "i could get hazed" or "I love the sox, dont kill me"

I directed " I love the Sox, dont kill me" Towards Ozzie Guillen sorry that should have been more clear.

And the "I could get hazed" comment just came up from me being a newbie but making an unfavorable comment toward Ozzie

Just tongue in cheek.