**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

I just don't understand the lineup today, it's frustrating. We are WAY beyond the point of trying to rest guys, we should be more worried about trying to wrap up the division. I don't see how this lineup is going to produce more than 5 hits and 2 runs today.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
I just don't understand the lineup today, it's frustrating.  We are WAY beyond the point of trying to rest guys, we should be more worried about trying to wrap up the division.  I don't see how this lineup is going to produce more than 5 hits and 2 runs today.

I say this lineup will get the Sox 4 runs today. Will that be enough? Probably not.

With Dye and Rowand being so hot, I think someone will get on base for these guys once or twice and they will make things happen. Just trying to be positive here.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
If he pitches like he did last night, he will do just as fine against that lineup.  If you go position by position, Texas can almost stack up with Boston as far as lineups go, they just have zero pitching.

Almost being the key word there. Damon, Ortiz, and Manny scare me way more than Texas.

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
I just don't understand the lineup today, it's frustrating.  We are WAY beyond the point of trying to rest guys, we should be more worried about trying to wrap up the division.  I don't see how this lineup is going to produce more than 5 hits and 2 runs today.

next off day is the 12th....so they've went a while without a rest...plus a DH. I can see this lineup against KC...which will becoming up soon....But they need to at least tie this series...and this lineup makes it tough for that to happen, but i hope i get surprised

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
Why is this lineup thrown out there when they are on ESPN??

Can't wait until the Blum, Uribe, Harris, Timo inning.

That would never happen. One of the first 3 would need to get on base for TImo to get an AB.

:P

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Almost being the key word there. Damon, Ortiz, and Manny scare me way more than Texas.

Young, Tex, Soriano, Blalock, Mench.....but I like McCarthy's chances better against Texas too. Manny and Ortiz themselves take Tex, Soriano, Blalock, and Mench, Then Damon..Varitek..etc

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Young, Tex, Soriano, Blalock, Mench.....but I like McCarthy's chances better against Texas too.  Manny and Ortiz themselves take Tex, Soriano, Blalock, and Mench,  Then Damon..Varitek..etc

I'm sure he'll be fine. I was being a bit facetious which is why I included this guy at the end.. -> :lol:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
I actually do too.  Looking at it more and more, I like it.  Who are we missing that everyone is so bent out of shape about?

I just think it is a complete waste to have Podsednik and Iguchi, as good as they have been 1-2 all year, on the bench, especially down the stretch like this.

The lineup definitely looks terrible on paper, a few times this year though these kind of lineups have some how scored some runs...lets hope so. I will say I do understanding resting Scotty, he's just coming back off a groin injury, played both games yesterday and was running a lot.

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I just think it is a complete waste to have Podsednik and Iguchi, as good as they have been 1-2 all year, on the bench, especially down the stretch like this.

But they are tired..... :rolly

:lolhitting

This is a brutal lineup. Why Willie why? The last thing our offense needs is someone who's even less productive than anyone else we've been putting on the field. The sad thing is I complimented Ozzie on the lineup he used for the 2nd game last night. Then, he goes out and puts up basically the equivalent of a 2nd game of the DH lineup. How come no other team sits out 3 starters on such a weekly basis?

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Pods/Everett/Gooch

Pods just got off the DL yesterday and spent the entire day running around. I didn't expect him in the lineup today.

Everett is hitting .249 vs RHP this year and has played in 10 straight games, not to mention both games of a DH yesterday.

Iguchi hasn't looked right latley, he looks worn down, even with all the days off he's gotten. He's been particularly bad in the field.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
fathom... Willie is this teams MVP.  ;)

Seriously... I think we'll be OK today.

Willie hasn't done a thing to deserve being on this team this season. I hate to sound like others, but this is the type of game where it would have been better to have Gload on the team, and put him at 1b, and Blum at 3b...with Ozuna at 2b. That gives you a much better offensive player in that spot.