Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To expound on the ESPN gameday crew talking about Kenny making a deal

Kenny has said "to them" he is trying several ways to bring some piece to this team before he has to submit the playoff roster and that he wont stop looking until there is nothing else he (Kenny) can do.

Then Steve Stone and that GM guy said they think he will get something done.

So take it for what its worth.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Gooch needs the break, but when Harris the answer that's bad.

Iguchi has had plenty of rest. Having him sit out 2 or 3 times a week isn't going to make him magically better the rest of the way. He even says he loses his feel at the plate when he sits out too much.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
No we wouldn't.  If we don't win the division, it would be because of a poor record the rest of the way.  If the Indians catch us, it's very likely that the Angels or Yankees would have had a good record the rest of the way.

The reason the lead has shrunk so much is because we have played poorly and the Indians have been red hot. The Indians are actually the only team in the wild card hunt that has been red hot. The others (Yankees, Angels and A's) win a few and lose a few. I'm not saying we would be shoe-ins for the wild card, but one or more of those teams would need to pick it up significantly to catch the Sox even if the Sox play mediocre ball. That said, if the Sox go on an extended losing streak, the wild card could slip away. I still think the Sox will win the division. Our schedule gets easier in September and who knows what will happen with the Tribe. They have been red-hot for quite awhile. Oakland looked unbeatable for a pretty long stretch but inevitably cooled off. The same could happen with Cleveland. They are feeling a lot of pressure too. They aren't assured of anything. At least we have a lead in the division and a better record than any wildcard contender.

Edited by infohawk

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Ya didnt mean to mislead was typing shorthand because of work.

I hope this huge beating makes the Sox mad.

i agree ozzie needs to get pissed. no more of this oh well we just didnt hit today but thats ok cuz cliff politte gave me one good inning......he needs whip this team into playin with some sort of urgency

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
I just fell off the bandwagon  :bang

You need to get back on. A 5-5 road trip isn't a disaster. There will be plenty of time to jump off the bandwagon if the Sox look like they are tanking by the middle of September.