**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Two batters, two hard hits.

El Duque is hitting 85 on the gun.  Maybe he needs another DL stint.

With McCarthy taking his spot...I'd be ok with it....as long as it's last nights Brandon.

This is one of those games, like the Yankees games at the Cell, where you look at the lineups and ask "how the hell are the Sox supposed to win the game?" And before anyone tells me to stop following the game if I think they'll lose, I still always hold out hope that we can pull out the victory. I just think that on August 31st with a 7 game lead, you don't field an absolute B lineup like this. I understand benching Pods or Everett, but not both of them along with Iguchi.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
This is one of those games, like the Yankees games at the Cell, where you look at the lineups and ask "how the hell are the Sox supposed to win the game?"  And before anyone tells me to stop following the game if I think they'll lose, I still always hold out hope that we can pull out the victory.  I just think that on August 31st with a 7 game lead, you don't field an absolute B lineup like this.  I understand benching Pods or Everett, but not both of them along with Iguchi.

Yeah....I see benching them.....but all three at one time??