**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

QUOTE(infohawk @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Guys, I'm going to suggest a contrary view of today's line-up.  If the Sox were fighting for their playoff lives, every starter would probably be playing.  Of course Ozzie hopes to win this game, but he may also recognize that a 5-5 road trip that included Minnesota and a good-hitting Ranger team is pretty good.  All you can hope for is to play .500 on the road.  As a former player who has been through the grind of many a season, Ozzie knows what the stretch run is like.  Resting his players like this may be an expression of confidence and that he believes the most important thing is to make sure everyone is rested and ready to go come October.  Teams like the Indians, Yankees, A's and Angels probably don't have the luxury of resting players because of the tight wild card race.  Lack of rest may cause them to stumble a bit down the stretch.

We play MUCH better on the road though. 5-5 is not good for this team..This thing isn't even close to being wrapped up yet, we need to put the pedal to the metal till it's in the bag.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
For what? I'm stuck at school unable to listen to the game.

And unless I missed a certain article, there hasn't been much collapse talk as I invisioned this series. Don't know what he could be complaining about.

He was ripping on the foxsports.com article where they said Pods was overated.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
1st runner stranded. 

The pull machine is on full flex today.  Maybe if we work out Blalock at third he wont hit home runs.

Did Blalock rob someone of a hit or something? Stuck at work, and you guys are all I have to fill in the blanks. Thanks for everything.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
I have a feeling we're going to be hearing more Hawk rants against the media if the Sox don't make a trade to help this offense.  Instead of where would he play, it's going to be "where would he have played?"

That's why I love listening to the radio. Less whining, more critical of the team. There's a reason those guys are the best broadcasters in the AL.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
hey, we are making good contact, I think we are going to get some runs on this guy.  Lets get out of this inning and score some runs

I'm loving this whole optimism thing. It's quite fun. :)

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Did Blalock rob someone of a hit or something?  Stuck at work, and you guys are all I have to fill in the blanks.  Thanks for everything.

Eh, sorta.

Dye hit a shot to 3rd that he picked and tossed him out.

It wasn't something that would be a web gem or anything, it was hit so hard and he had great reaction time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Did Blalock rob someone of a hit or something?  Stuck at work, and you guys are all I have to fill in the blanks.  Thanks for everything.

He dove and robbed Dye of an RBI single to left.

Edited by Kalapse