sox, cubs talking today?

thedoctor

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
:crying

anyone find it funny that the past 2 years weve brought in players when we needed them less than we do this year, and this year we arent bringing anyone in

edit: and by funny i mean sad

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
How did I know this would somehow turn into a Timo bash ???

Just so you know Jim, I was totally joking about that. I've even said recently that Timo has one of the better chances on the team to get a hit it seems. Is there ever a bad time for a CLEAN Timo joke?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
anyone find it funny that the past 2 years weve brought in players when we needed them less than we do this year, and this year we arent bringing anyone in

edit: and by funny i mean sad

I keep going back to the KW when he said that we were saving money in the offseason to make a big splash in June/July to make the playoff run, and the reason for this was that 1917 was a long time ago.

I guess 1917 sounds a lot better to him now.

So we have Rowand who just signed a 3 year contract. We have Pods. We have Brian Anderson, Owens, Young, and Sweeney to play 2 positions in the OF. Thank god we didnt trade one of our precious OF prospects to win this year. We have backups to our backups for years to come.