sox, cubs talking today?

thedoctor

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
It's over, finally. No more speculation. I feel relieved and rejuvenated, yet at the same time I feel sick to my stomach that we couldn't get anything done.

I'm definitely happy it's over with. I honestly think that all the talk (Griffey Jr.) might have been a distraction to the team. In a way, you could get the sense we kept waiting for someone else on the team to spark the offfense. Now, it's up to the team we've had all year to get it done down the stretch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
It's over, finally. No more speculation. I feel relieved and rejuvenated, yet at the same time I feel sick to my stomach that we couldn't get anything done.

You will feel real sick to your stomach when Timo is the man that comes off the bench in the playoffs instead of someone good.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I must say, I am shocked KW didn't do anything.

We missed our chance big time, KW not making a move is very disappointing. Yeah you can argue no other teams made a big trade but 1 team could have improve greatly with a trade over all other playoff bound teams(sox).

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Well, now that it's over, I can say this:  I'm happy we didn't trade for Walker.  Knowing the way Hendry is, I have a feeling we would have been very upset with who we had to give up to get a rental player.

Sweeney/Young/Owens. Take your pick they'd be in the Cubs system tomorrow had we gotten walker.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Sweeney or Young.  Owens wouldn't have been enough.  I was thinking someone like Honel would have been in the deal.

I was thinking Owens + a lower tier pitching prospect would have been enough. But yeah Sweeney and Young would be the two most likely traded.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Well, now that it's over, I can say this:  I'm happy we didn't trade for Walker.  Knowing the way Hendry is, I have a feeling we would have been very upset with who we had to give up to get a rental player.

Which is probably the reason it didn't get done.