Beer Shower

retro1983hat

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Does anyone know if BMac got the beer shower last night?

Well, let's see. Bmac would know, I assume the players would know. He would have called a friend or two after the game. So yes, some people would know.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)

Well, let's see. Bmac would know, I assume the players would know. He would have called a friend or two after the game. So yes, some people would know.

:gosox3:

I guess that answers that question!

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Change of pace: Following his first Major League victory during the second game of Tuesday's doubleheader, Brandon McCarthy was presented with a signed lineup card and the traditional beer shower from fellow starters Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland.

"It was probably the best feeling ever," McCarthy said. "It was refreshing because it was hot as [heck]."

Also refreshing for McCarthy and the White Sox was his solid use of the changeup. McCarthy estimated throwing 30 or 40 changes, which were 30 or 40 more than he threw during his last start against Texas in late May. McCarthy realizes that featuring his changeup is essential to his success, as he is unable to rely on blowing 90-mph fastballs by the opposing hitters.

The 22 year old joked that if he had Bobby Jenks' stuff, he wouldn't have to worry about the change. But a more complete repertoire, along with his delivery coming over the top, could make McCarthy an important weapon during the season's final weeks.

"I could tell the difference when before if I threw a fastball, it was getting fouled off hard or getting hit," said McCarthy, who credits Juan Nieves, the pitching coach for Triple-A Charlotte, in facilitating the change. "Now, it gets fouled off straight back. I was throwing right.

"But I need to throw the changeup early [and] often. [i need to] get it over and establish it. Once I do that, the pace of the game picks up, and we can work the others in."

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
El Duque deserves a golden shower for todays game.  Thankfully the West race isn't between the A's and Rangers because that'd be two teams we can't beat

afp_r_kelly_140864a.jpg Did someone say golden shower?

Edited by the People's Champ