Jose Canseco .....

YASNY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...

When Jose first spoke out against baseball and the like, I really was interested. I thought it was a genuine story, and I thought it was intriguing.

But, the more I heard him, the more I thought he is just bitter about how his career turned out. In the late 80's, this man was a MONSTER, steroids or not. He was just a freak of nature, and should have been a sure-fire HOF'er.

However, his career took a serious turn, and I doubt we'll ever see him give a HOF induction speech. His recent antics will, IMO, for sure keep him out of the hallowed halls of Cooperstown.

in his last season , which was with us , in 76 games / 256 at bats canseco hit 258 with 16 homers 49rbi... 366 on base pct...477 slg pct...project his power numbers out over a full season and you get about 33 homers 100 rbi...and nobody could have used that kind of production in '02????

i might not be a fan of canseco's lifestyle..but on the field he played the game the right way...alot of his homer and big hits for us went to center and right center...if we had a runner on 2nd and no outs you could put it the bank that jose was trying to go to RF...i dont think it was a coincidence that the team started playing better once we signed this guy...

there has to be some reason somebody didnt give him a chance...he was willing t play for the league minimum...30 homers 100 rbi for 200k???..tampa couldnt use him??

Guest hotsoxchick1

wasnt the book supposed to be out already??? i guess his auction "hang with jose for a day" didnt bring in the money he was lookin for??? i cant wait to read that book of his.. that along with beanes book should be very interesting.........or funny at best..........

wasnt the book supposed to be out already??? i guess his auction "hang with jose for  a day" didnt bring in the money he was lookin for??? i cant wait to read that book of his.. that along with beanes book should be very interesting.........or funny at best..........

I saw a draft copy of his book.. and it was sweet. A lot of facts in it (you know what I mean HSC). A lot of unhappy people that's for sure.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I saw a draft copy of his book.. and it was sweet. A lot of facts in it (you know what I mean HSC). A lot of unhappy people that's for sure.

i know what you mean and i can only imagine the happiness it has caused lol lol lol.......... ;)

i might not be a fan of canseco's lifestyle..

I have no idea what his lifestyle is -

but his Charlotee numbers say a lot

If I am Tampa Bay do I play the past or the future?

If you feel that you are major league quality....and it is quite possible that you are(I feel he was...we just didn't have room)....aren't you going to be a little depressed playing in the minor leagues of an organization that will only need you if an injury comes up and you are supposed to be some sort of mentor?

I'm I'm Jose in that situation....I probably wouldn't have good numbers either. In fact....I don't think anyone would.

He would have played for anyone.

he was past, history, ego, and looking for his numbers, not a team guy - why play the fading past rather the developing future?

it is a shame - not that his personality and his conspiracy theories endear him to anyone -

he was past, history, ego, and looking for his numbers, not a team guy - why play the fading past rather the developing future?

I understand that much. But he still would have put up good numbers somewhere. Note the fact that I'm saying good numbers and not necessarily things to help the team win.....nor am I saying he'd help team chemistry or would be quiet in the press.

Why play the fading past over the developing future? For starters....the fading past could still make a bigger and better contribution to the team now then a developing player would. I realize that a team like the Tigers wouldn't be in contention anyways....but it would add another bat to their lineup....which is f***in terrible as it is.

He'd put up good numbers. I'm sure a team like the DRays or Tigers could have used a .260 30 100 guy last year....hell, the Tigers could use one now. It, IMO, is rather sad. Why would you just let a team that is dying continue to die? I'd try to do something....Canseco has like 462 career dingers....and if a team like Detroit or Tampa picked him up....he could try to add to that total. Can you imagine what his 500th homer would do to attendance? I don't care who it is...if a guy might hit his 500th homer, you show up to the damn park.

it is a shame - not that his personality and his conspiracy theories endear him to anyone -

i disagree that he wasnt a team guy..when he was with us he conducted himself very professionally...i dont remember one bad word be said about him from anyone..and like i said...watching him the last half of '01..i really became a fan of his..he wasnt a guy that just would swing for the fences..he really tried to play the game the right way...i dont know..he impressed me and i would have liked to have him back

i disagree that he wasnt a team guy..when he was with us he conducted himself very professionally...i dont remember one bad word be said about him from anyone..and like i said...watching him the last half of '01..i really became a fan of his..he wasnt a guy that just would swing for the fences..he really tried to play the game the right way...i dont know..he impressed me and i would have liked to have him back

Jose impressed me when he was with the Sox. But he really needs to put on a muzzle.

Jose impressed me when he was with the Sox. But he really needs to put on a muzzle.

yeah i agree with that..jose is really losing it lately..i think something wierd happened there...guys like tim raines still have job's in the league

Canseco has always been living on the edge .... speeding tickets at 120 mph or whatever ridiculous speed he was traveling, the bar fight with him and his brother, roughing up a lady o two f I remember correctly, the steriod allegaions, and now this.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Canseco has always been living on the edge .... speeding tickets at 120 mph or whatever ridiculous speed he was traveling, the bar fight with him and his brother, roughing up a lady o two f I remember correctly, the steriod allegaions, and now this.

but he sure does have a nice hiney....... :D lol..that alone makes me want him on my team.........from where i sit its a great view.......lol lol lol....... :o :D