2. Iguchi

3. Everett

4. Konerko

5. Rowand

6. Dye

7. A.J.

8. Crede (when healthy) Blum now

9. Uribe

This is the lineup that should be playing 6 out of 7 days a week in order to win this division. The lead is now at 6.5 games, not 16.5 games Oz. Just thought he might need a reminder of what this team looked like earlier this season. Get it together and get your starters back into 90% of the games!

And Ozzie, pitchers usually wear down the last month of the season, especially if they've been throwing a lot of pitches all season. Feel free to take them out an inning early once in a while. We have the best reliever in baseball who hasn't been used much at all recently (Cotts) and some other very competent relievers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
And Ozzie, pitchers usually wear down the last month of the season, especially if they've been throwing a lot of pitches all season.  Feel free to take them out an inning early once in a while.  We have the best reliever in baseball who hasn't been used much at all recently (Cotts) and some other very competent relievers.

El Duque is 36 going on 75. He can only pitch so long. You would think at this point Oz would know when Duque is going to hit the wall. Sorry, but all of us here knew it was time for Hernandez to come out well before Ozzie realized it.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Just in case Ozzie forgot, the everyday lineup should go something like this:

1. Podsednik

2. Iguchi

3. Everett

4. Konerko

5. Rowand

6. Dye

7. A.J.

9. Uribe

This is the lineup that should be playing 6 out of 7 days a week in order to win this division.  The lead is now at 6.5 games, not 16.5 games Oz.  Just thought he might need a reminder of what this team looked like earlier this season.  Get it together and get your starters back into 90% of the games!

IMO, i would start ozuna over blum.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)

1. Podsednik

2. Iguchi

3. Everett

4. Konerko

5. Rowand

6. Dye

7. A.J.

9. Uribe

This is the lineup that should be playing 6 out of 7 days a week in order to win this division.  The lead is now at 6.5 games, not 16.5 games Oz.  Just thought he might need a reminder of what this team looked like earlier this season.  Get it together and get your starters back into 90% of the games!

Maybe you should give Jerry a call, tell him to let you take over

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Maybe you should give Jerry a call, tell him to let you take over

Well, thats not a bad idea. I promise you that if I took over, the Sox would have a more set lineup on a day to day basis, and that the starters would be on the field 6 out of 7 days every week. Maybe we should start a petition or something. :lol:

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Well, thats not a bad idea.  I promise you that if I took over, the Sox would have a more set lineup on a day to day basis, and that the starters would be on the field 6 out of 7 days every week.  Maybe we should start a petition or something.  :lol:

all kidding aside,

I dont understand why Pods wasnt in the game today. Unless he was feeling a little tight or sore, the guy hasn't been the lineup for almost two weeks. If he is supposed to be the catylist to this offense he shouldve been in there to try to get things going. Especially when your up against an offense like the Rangers have. I dont understand the reasoning.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Saddest part going into today our bullpen was really well rested (Baj and Adkins I believe were unavailable literally. 

Here was a plan I thought would be good.

6th Vizcaino

7th Cotts

8th Politte

9th Hermanson

Didn't Adkins get sent down for Baj?

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)

1. Podsednik

2. Iguchi

3. Everett

4. Konerko

5. Rowand

6. Dye

7. A.J.

9. Uribe

YOU CAN NOT PLAY THAT LINEUP EVERYDAY. They will break down by the end of the regular season. You have to sacrifice some games so that the regulars can have their rest. Stop criticize Ozzie. Let him do his job. For one thing, your knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie's. Period!

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
YOU CAN NOT PLAY THAT LINEUP EVERYDAY.  They will break down by the end of the regular season.  You have to sacrifice some games so that the regulars can have their rest.  Stop criticize Ozzie.  Let him do his job.  For one thing, your knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie's.  Period!

Or he could rest the regulars one at a time or two at a time instead of three at a time or four at a time. When you're throwing 4 bench players out there you're not giving your team the best chance to succeed.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
YOU CAN NOT PLAY THAT LINEUP EVERYDAY.  They will break down by the end of the regular season.  You have to sacrifice some games so that the regulars can have their rest.  Stop criticize Ozzie.  Let him do his job.  For one thing, your knowledge is NOTHING compared to Ozzie's.  Period!

Maybe you didn't read the post. I said this should be the lineup 6 out of 7 times. That allows players time off. If you did this all season, your players would get over 20 games of rest. That is plenty. Make sure you read a whole post before you respond.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Maybe you didn't read the post.  I said this should be the lineup 6 out of 7 times.  That allows players time off.  If you did this all season, your players would get over 20 games of rest.  That is plenty.  Make sure you read a whole post before you respond.

6 out of 7 times concedes a game once every 7 games. That is basically Ozzie's mentality right now with the lineup, and it's a rather stupid one.

Rest them 1 at a time, 2 at the most.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
6 out of 7 times concedes a game once every 7 games.  That is basically Ozzie's mentality right now with the lineup, and it's a rather stupid one.

Rest them 1 at a time, 2 at the most.

Oh, you're right, I'm not saying play your regular lineup for 6 days and then play all of your backups in one game. I just mean that all the starters will be playing 6 out of 7 days a week, and not getting 2-3 days off every week. It drives me crazy as well when Ozzie unloads the bench on us and we have to watch four backups all at once try to win a game.

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
Oh, you're right, I'm not saying play your regular lineup for 6 days and then play all of your backups in one game.  I just mean that all the starters will be playing 6 out of 7 days a week, and not getting 2-3 days off every week.  It drives me crazy as well when Ozzie unloads the bench on us and we have to watch four backups all at once try to win a game.

I sure hope he dont run out the Triple-A lineup on us on the 8th. i'll be pissed.

I'll demand my money back!!!!

QUOTE(bighurt4444 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Oh, you're right, I'm not saying play your regular lineup for 6 days and then play all of your backups in one game.  I just mean that all the starters will be playing 6 out of 7 days a week, and not getting 2-3 days off every week.  It drives me crazy as well when Ozzie unloads the bench on us and we have to watch four backups all at once try to win a game.

And on a Sunday when we pat "Premium" prices. :rolly