September Boost

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
jamie burke is out of options iirc. so if hes placed on the 40 man he has togo through waivers again if and when they need the roster spot. so if cassenova is coming up its because hes got options left

How could we ever lose the rights to Jamie Burke? I hope our organization would be able to recover from that loss.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Along with half the board.  But if you think Borchard is gonna somehow be good, you go right ahead and believe that.  He sucks.  I bet even he knows it.  And if you think those minor league players are going to help us when we're already in the middle of blowing a gigantic division lead, you go right ahead and believe that, too.

you're so negative. although I'm with you on Borchard.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
jamie burke is out of options iirc. so if hes placed on the 40 man he has togo through waivers again if and when they need the roster spot. so if cassenova is coming up its because hes got options left

So what if he has to clear waivers? He cleared the first time, I'd throw him on waivers if it meant him comming up here instead of Casanova.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
So what if he has to clear waivers? He cleared the first time, I'd throw him on waivers if it meant him comming up here instead of Casanova.

so would i, but its burkes right to refuse the assiment iirc. last time he took it when the sox outrighted him to charlotte after he passed through waivers. jamie showed he can play in the majors and hopefully he comes up instead of cassenova

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
so would i, but its burkes right to refuse the assiment iirc. last time he took it when the sox outrighted him to charlotte after he passed through waivers. jamie showed he can play in the majors and hopefully he comes up instead of cassenova

I really don't care if we lose Burke. I'll take my chances putting him through waivers, if they want to send him back down and he refuses all the luck to him.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
you're so negative.  although I'm with you on Borchard.

My negativity is completely justified. This team hasn't done s*** in my lifetime, or yours. The last time we were in the playoffs we got disgraced. Last WS in 1917, throwing one more recently. Last appearance in 1959, and we haven't even won a playoff series in the lifetimes of the majority of this board's members. Yet we're going to depend on a spark from some overhyped minor leaguers and then some other minor leaguers that are garbage?

``We shouldn't be thinking about the playoffs. We should be thinking about winning the division and getting back to playing solid baseball,'' designated hitter Paul Konerko said. ``It's definitely disappointing. ... We've got to figure out how to get back on track. We're figuring out ways to lose right now.''

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
``We shouldn't be thinking about the playoffs. We should be thinking about winning the division and getting back to playing solid baseball,'' designated hitter Paul Konerko said. ``It's definitely disappointing. ... We've got to figure out how to get back on track. We're figuring out ways to lose right now.''

Wasn't it PK a few weeks ago saying that they wanted to go with the players they had?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
My negativity is completely justified.  This team hasn't done s*** in my lifetime, or yours.  The last time we were in the playoffs we got disgraced.  Last WS in 1917, throwing one more recently.  Last appearance in 1959, and we haven't even won a playoff series in the lifetimes of the majority of this board's members.  Yet we're going to depend on a spark from some overhyped minor leaguers and then some other minor leaguers that are garbage?

I know you think I'm full of s*** and grasping at straws by suggesting a boost from some minor leaguers, but I agree with you on this point. It's humiliating to watch Florida win 2 championships and the Diamondbacks and Angels one each. Even Toronto's wins in the 90s didn't sit well with me. And here the Sox have been around for more than 100 years. It's bulls*** and I'm tired of watching expansion teams win world series championships.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
I know you think I'm full of s*** and grasping at straws by suggesting a boost from some minor leaguers, but I agree with you on this point. It's humiliating to watch Florida win 2 championships and the Diamondbacks and Angels one each. Even Toronto's wins in the 90s didn't sit well with me. And here the Sox have been around for more than 100 years. It's bulls*** and I'm tired of watching expansion teams win world series championships.

Get used to it. I'm sure you'll see a few more of those types of teams winning it while we wait.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)

Look at it from Burke's perspective. Would you rather be with a team who

A -- Takes you on and off the 40 man so that you can be called up to the show.

B -- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the International League all year.

Who cares if he has the right to refuse assignment. There's no doubt in my mind where he'd rather be.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Get used to it.  I'm sure you'll see a few more of those types of teams winning it while we wait.

If that's the case then we'll all be wondering what could've been in '05. I wish it weren't so, but as a man once said, "wish in one hand and s*** in the other and see which fills up first."

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
If that's the case then we'll all be wondering what could've been in '05. I wish it weren't so, but as a man once said, "wish in one hand and s*** in the other and see which fills up first."

Even if 05 ends on a sour note, 06 looks VERY bright. We are going to hopefully have lots of $$$ to spend and have lots of trade bait and good fillers/possible starters(bmac, anderson and co.)

QUOTE(Tadahito15 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Even if 05 ends on a sour note, 06 looks VERY bright. We are going to hopefully have lots of $$$ to spend and have lots of trade bait and good fillers/possible starters(bmac, anderson and co.)

Yep, just how things looked so promising after our last playoff appearance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Yep, just how things looked so promising after our last playoff appearance.

Not to mention how the future looked in 1983 after the tough loss to Baltimore. They added Tom Seaver, past his prime, but still was the best pitcher on the staff in 1984 and weren't even .500.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
I am afraid of the collection of crap lineups that Ozzie will envoke with more poor players.  Think about the number of times he can rest his starters for next year.

Maybe he'll rest some for 2007. Today's line-up was a joke. If they ever have that line-up at a home game, they should offer refunds.