how we learned to stop worrying and love fathom

Chifananthony

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
So when this team wins 7 in a row, what is this place going to look like? Everyone back on the bangwagon? Or will everyone still be hoping the Sox choke so they wont look like idiots??

I guess I'm one of the people who have been panicing lately, and if the Sox win 7 in a row obviously I would be happy, I'm a fan. However, I still will be concerned about the playoffs with the current offense...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
So when this team wins 7 in a row, what is this place going to look like? Everyone back on the bangwagon? Or will everyone still be hoping the Sox choke so they wont look like idiots??

I hope they win every game they ever play. That doesn't mean I have to put blinders on and not realize they need some offense.

I think everyone here would be back on the bandwagon. Why is it so terrible to criticize your teem when they have been underperforming, and to point out flaws in the team's game. It seems that once u do that u r no longer a fan. Thats how they treat people at WSI. Its hypocritical to attack flub fans when they think there team is going to the playoffs when they are 8 games out, but yet when a sox fan takes a realistic look at their playoff chances they are not true fans. It doesnt make sense.

QUOTE(Chifananthony @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
I think everyone here would be back on the bandwagon. Why is it so terrible to criticize your teem when they have been underperforming, and to point out flaws in the team's game. It seems that once u do that u r no longer a fan. Thats how they treat people at WSI. Its hypocritical to attack flub fans when they think there team is going to the playoffs when they are 8 games out, but yet when a sox fan takes a realistic look at their playoff chances they are not true fans. It doesnt make sense.

I was about to post something to that extent. This place has slowly become WSI. I remember when I first joined, you were able to criticize or critique the team and not catch any s*** for it. It would actually start up a good convo. Now if you critique the team, you get blasted as if you're visiting WSI.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I was about to post something to that extent. This place has slowly become WSI. I remember when I first joined, you were able to criticize or critique the team and not catch any s*** for it. It would actually start up a good convo. Now if you critique the team, you get blasted as if you're visiting WSI.

WSI would move you to the roadhouse and you'd be gone.

We let everyone post what they want, within reason.

Well I think KW could do more at deadline and now G.Blum only how can anyone say they are content................got ripped for saying it but sometimes you have to overpay to get the prize, winning AL Central does not mean a thing to me anymore, I am looking for more much more. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Chifananthony @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)

First of all, let me ask you this question. At the end of last year, did you foresee that the White Sox would be leading in the AL Central division right now? It's not that you criticize the team when they are underperforming that I TRULY want to kick you in your you know what. It's just that you focking whine when the Sox are still leading the division by 7 games. Outside of St. Louis' division, what team currently has the largest lead right now?

For you to blame KW is just unbelievably STUPID on your part. Who do you think put together the team as it currently is? If you can't be thankful or grateful enough, get the hell out of this bandwagon AND STAY OFF!

Where is everybody getting ripped for being negative? How come I just don't see it? Fathom has managed to stick around and he at times is the most negative fan you're going to come across. Sometimes people go over the top with their negativity and are called on it, then claim they're getting flamed or blasted. I just don't see it.

One more thing, this Soxtalk is nowhere near WSI. That place has become a f***ing joke, go to the roadhouse sometime and read the posts/threads that are sent there. You can't say anything negative AT ALL or you'll be suspended for 2 months and now they've started banning people. Soxtalk has never and I'm hoping will never become anything like that and right now it's a 180 degree difference. That's why I have something like 50 posts over there and 6,050 over here, it's just not the same community and feel over there.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:38 AM)
Where is everybody getting ripped for being negative? How come I just don't see it? Fathom has managed to stick around and he at times is the most negative fan you're going to come across. Sometimes people go over the top with their negativity and are called on it, then claim they're getting flamed or blasted. I just don't see it.

I think I've been allowed to stick around because I actually give reasons for why I say negative things. Also, I'm not a bandwagon jumper like so many people on this board are.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
I think I've been allowed to stick around because I actually give reasons for why I say negative things.  Also, I'm not a bandwagon jumper like so many people on this board are.

Very true, and that's why so many people value your opinion and respect you for it. It's not just blind negativity.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

Thank you. GREAT post.

Nobody has ever bit their tongue when being either negative or positive. If you can make a statement and factually back it up, you'll have no problems. It's only those that are overly-negative or overly-positive with very little logical proof to base it on who are blasted, and rightfully so.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
Thank you.  GREAT post.

Nobody has ever bit their tongue when being either negative or positive.  If you can make a statement and factually back it up, you'll have no problems.  It's only those that are overly-negative or overly-positive who are blasted, and rightfully so.

Like I said yesterday, the best thing about this site is that it's soxtalk.com, and not soxcheerleading.com.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Im going to back Fathom up here, yes, Tony backing up Fathom (thats f***ed up). Fathom, while often putting a negative spin on things, does tend to try and look at things at the big picture, and at TIMES, AT TIMES, will give credit where credit is due. There are some here that only seem to come around when the Sox lose, or are heading on a slide, and not when they have won 3 or 4.

Fathom is a good poster, and brings good discussion to this site.

I do however hate him. :P

:lolhitting

i agree. we've all gotten into our fair share of scuffle's with him, but he knows what he's talking about and is a good poster

:headbang

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Im going to back Fathom up here, yes, Tony backing up Fathom (thats f***ed up). Fathom, while often putting a negative spin on things, does tend to try and look at things at the big picture, and at TIMES, AT TIMES, will give credit where credit is due. There are some here that only seem to come around when the Sox lose, or are heading on a slide, and not when they have won 3 or 4.

Yeah, things sure seemed a lot quieter last night when the Sox were winning. I know people have jobs, etc. that might influence when they can post, etc. However, there are a lot of us that are in game threads no matter what the score is. I've already said that I won't have a single post in the game threads if we make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)

I've noticed as well as many others have that there are a lot of posters who have suddenly disappeared now that the Sox are winning. Every once in a while when the Sox start to lose you'll see some of them come out of the wood work to post their usually negative bulls***.

Fathom has the respect of a lot of posters on this site, he may be negative at times (mainly in game threads) but atleast he backs his s*** up.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)

I agree with this. Him and I have actually started to get along very well, we've disagreed on a ton of things but he backs his stuff up and for that I definitely respect him.

Edited by Rowand44