"Seasons Over" "Sox Are Done" "First Round &a

Controlled Chaos

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this thread bumped and I was like, oh, not another stupid post. Then I thought, lately I've counted my team down but not out as well. I just, don't see the liveliness that I saw last year with this team. 2005 was something very special, and I know 2006 still can be. But what really needs to happen is someone needs to start pitching the ball and we need to get the clutch hits.

I looked at the pitching matchups today and I saw ERA's over 5. And that Buehrle has 7 losses compared to 9 wins. I was very suprised to see this, and I have also been suprised lately of how no one seems to be playing as a team. Or how about our crappy bullpen, who needs to get a serious makeover before we go to the post season, that is, if we can get there.

It will be very difficult to dethrone those Tigers, they look how we looked last year, and they still kicked the crap out of us in this series. Yes, they did, do not deny it. I just don't see the hard-nosed ball that I saw last year.

Go Sox, don't make me feel helpless watching the game, lets see what you guys can do, START THE TURNAROUND TONIGHT!

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
I saw this thread bumped and I was like, oh, not another stupid post. Then I thought, lately I've counted my team down but not out as well. I just, don't see the liveliness that I saw last year with this team. 2005 was something very special, and I know 2006 still can be. But what really needs to happen is someone needs to start pitching the ball and we need to get the clutch hits.

I looked at the pitching matchups today and I saw ERA's over 5. And that Buehrle has 7 losses compared to 9 wins. I was very suprised to see this, and I have also been suprised lately of how no one seems to be playing as a team. Or how about our crappy bullpen, who needs to get a serious makeover before we go to the post season, that is, if we can get there.

It will be very difficult to dethrone those Tigers, they look how we looked last year, and they still kicked the crap out of us in this series. Yes, they did, do not deny it. I just don't see the hard-nosed ball that I saw last year.

Go Sox, don't make me feel helpless watching the game, lets see what you guys can do, START THE TURNAROUND TONIGHT!

That's something I don't understand -- our team hasn't got as much liveliness as last year's? Really? Our team only has the potential to be "something special"? Bah, this season will always have a special spot in my heart for such moments as Reyes 1-hit loss, the numerous comebacks against Closers, all those times we battled back from large deficits, and even those occasions where the pitching's been good. I hope there are more of those by the end, but by no means has this team been anything BUT special.

I love this team, and I've loved this season.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
...Or how about our crappy bullpen, who needs to get a serious makeover before we go to the post season...

Have you been watching this team this year? They have improved quite a bit from the Boone Logan days.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Have you been watching this team this year? They have improved quite a bit from the Boone Logan days.

I have been watching this team this year, and they are breaking my heart. I don't care if they've gotten any better from those days, or the Jeff Nelson days, the Pen is still a mess.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I have been watching this team this year, and they are breaking my heart. I don't care if they've gotten any better from those days, or the Jeff Nelson days, the Pen is still a mess.

The handling of the pen is a mess.