Going to the Game Friday

skidoochic

A friend and I are going to the game Friday for the first time by ourselves! My question is how early do you need to get there to park? We live about an hour away and were thinking about leaving around 5:00 p.m. Any ideas if that will be enough time - we would be coming in off I-55. Thanks!

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
A friend and I are going to the game Friday for the first time by ourselves!  My question is how early do you need to get there to park?  We live about an hour away and were thinking about leaving around 5:00 p.m.  Any ideas if that will be enough time - we would be coming in off I-55.  Thanks!

What do you look like? And where should we meet?

Ok, seriously, I think 5:00 would be just fine. You can get off at the 35th street exit after you merge onto the Dan Ryan. You can also get off at teh Damon/Ashland exit, and take Ashland over to 35th street, and then park in the back way. Traffic really isn't too bad going into the city on 55.

Thank you! I'll be the girl in the Pierzynski jersey - but you won't be too impressed with me and my friend is pregnant. This was supposed to be our big night out without our men - but she went and got pregnant! :bang Oh well, at least now I have a designated driver! :cheers

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Thank you!  I'll be the girl in the Pierzynski jersey - but you won't be too impressed with me and my friend is pregnant.  This was supposed to be our big night out without our men - but she went and got pregnant!  :bang    Oh well, at least now I have a designated driver!  :cheers

Enjoy the game. I won't be there till saturday night :crying

But I'm enjoying free premium club tickets on that day :cheers

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
You already have my picture, Tony, all over your posts! (I wish!)

Anyway, Brad Pitt is not my type.  I'm more into guys like....

A.J. Pierzynski :wub: . :)

Maybe I'll get to meet AJ next week at my BP event. I'll put in a good word for ya. :D

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Maybe I'll get to meet AJ next week at my BP event.  I'll put in a good word for ya.  :D

I will be forever indebted to you! :P

I gotta go back to work now - enjoy your game Saturday and thanks for the driving/parking info! :gosox1:

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
A friend and I are going to the game Friday for the first time by ourselves!  My question is how early do you need to get there to park?  We live about an hour away and were thinking about leaving around 5:00 p.m.  Any ideas if that will be enough time - we would be coming in off I-55.  Thanks!

Don't forget your mullets.

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
What? Friday is mullet day or something? Link?

Its Mullet Night...you can get a free mullet hair cut, courtesy of Great Clips...or just show up with a mullet...real or fake...for the celebration. You can also be part of the mullet parade on the field, prior to the game. Exciting Stuff!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Its Mullet Night...you can get a free mullet hair cut, courtesy of Great Clips...or just show up with a mullet...real or fake...for the celebration.  You can also be part of the mullet parade on the field, prior to the game.  Exciting Stuff!

I just found it. My God!

It also says to "Jam with the band Backstage Pass." I graduated high school with the drummer from that band (if it's the same one.)

Maybe I'll scalp my tickets for that night. Get it? Scalp? :ph34r:

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I just found it. My God!

It also says to "Jam with the band Backstage Pass." I graduated high school with the drummer from that band (if it's the same one.)

Maybe I'll scalp my tickets for that night. Get it? Scalp?  :ph34r:

He'll be here all week folks, try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress!

I almost kinda wish I was home to go to mullet night. I think it's a funny gimmick.