Tyson Chandler Re-signs

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
Over 10 million a year, that's rediculas, you might as well keep that money and sign several guys. By the end of this deal, he better be worth that money.

Sign several guys? :huh:

Yeah, Dickey Simpkins, Linton Johnson, and Rusty Larue for 10 million combined maybe.

Larry Hughes got 13 million per year, and he's nothing special. Are you up to date on your basketball economics?

LOL, do you still think that people who get busted with a joint in their ash tray should pay a $1000 fine?

I'm just busting your balls, no offense.

I guess i am just confused at why someone who has average numbers deserves to get such a huge contract. I like Tyson, but at over ten milllion a year this is not a "great contract." He scores 8 points a game, and has absolutley no outside shot. A six footer is no guarantee with him, and how many of his RPG are off his own missed shots.

Tyson at 8 mil a year seems fair. Remember Shareef Abdur-Rahim, signed for the MLE

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
I guess i am just confused at why someone who has average numbers deserves to get such a huge contract.  I like Tyson, but at over ten milllion a year this is not a "great contract." He scores 8 points a game, and has absolutley no outside shot. A six footer is no guarantee with him, and how many of his RPG are off his own missed shots.

Tyson at 8 mil a year seems fair.  Remember Shareef Abdur-Rahim, signed for the MLE

I guess that Rodman guy wasn't all that good because he didn't score a lot of points. Tyson specializes in rebounding, shotblocking, defending. Those are his strengths. Not to mention the fact that he's only 22. TWENTY FRICKEN TWO! There's plenty of time for his offensive game to grow.