And That's a White Sox Winner!!!!

DBAHO

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Hmmm, I see a trend here. Maybe someone who is very important to the offense being out was the main reason for the skid the Sox went on in August?

sorry dam that can't be the reason. some soxtalk posters say he's overrated so DOUBT he's the reason......

Pierzynski hadn't homered in 77 at-bats before his solo shot.

I thought of this while watching the finale in Texas. AJ went into the Boston series tied with Varitek for most HR by a catcher with 17. He still had 17 until his dinger tonight.

The last I heard, Varitek has about 21 HR now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
I thought of this while watching the finale in Texas.  AJ went into the Boston series tied with Varitek for most HR by a catcher with 17.  He still had 17 until his dinger tonight. 

The last I heard, Varitek has about 21 HR now.

AJs average has also come up about 30 points since he quit swinging for the fences. I like the consistancy of this AJ better.

I can't stress Jose's importance to this ballclub down the strech. I mean, are you kidding me? If he continues to pitch the way he has--that is, the way he is capable of pitching--that will be like adding a front-line starting pitcher at the deadline.

JOSE, KEEP IT UP!!! :notworthy

...awesome game and a whole heck of a lot of fun to watch.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:35 AM)
AJs average has also come up about 30 points since he quit swinging for the fences.  I like the consistancy of this AJ better.

Watching AJ last night hit the liner into the left center gaps was a great sign. That was the AJ who terrorized sox pitching for all those years.

I could care less if he didnt hit another dong for the rest of the year, just keep hitting the ball to left center as a line drive and he will drive in runs like crazy.

I couldn't see the game and I can't see another game for the rest of the year unless it's on ESPN, but I'm glad Contreras is still dealing. He's been our best pitcher for over a month, and who'd ever think we'd say that?

Good news for the Sox, they do better when I'm at school than they do when I'm home. So, I hope that holds true.