Official Game Thread 9/2

RME JICO

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
I prefer Iguchi hitting behind pods, always. I just like the dynamic and think it works. Obviously there is a good reason for him not starting tonight, so let's hope Willie strings together some more good AB's. I thought DJ made a good point last night that Harris is trying to turn on more balls and becoming more aggressive, rather than trying to slap the ball around. Works for me!  :drink

I like it with Iguchi in the lineup more as well, although as long as he is out, I like this lineup the most. Willie is a better #9 hitter, and since Ozuna's been hot, he's been a pretty good hitter after Podsednik, and he is able to get down a sacrifice and move Podsednik onwards.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
I don't want to call out certain posters(:P), but it appears the pitcher some annointed the "real deal" is infact the soft tossing pile of crap I witnesed in his last start against us.

What made him different from other pitchers who've dominated our pathetic offense is our hitters beat themselves. They watched hanging slider after hanging slider cross the strike zone while flailing at offspeed pitches in the dirt. Most telling was his changeup differential from his fastball was no more than 8 miles per hour. He was throwing pure junk, and it looks like the numbers prove it.

Douglass is in danger of losing his starters position on a team going nowhere. Tigers organization considers him their 5th starter for a reason. Last six starts, Douglass surrendered less than 4 earned runs ONCE. That one club was Seattle--others were contending clubs. Time to beat this scrub.

I smell a first inning KO coming. :fight

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
why no Iguchi? Is he late again? :bang

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF ... Ozuna, 3B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... Rowand, CF ... Dye, RF ... AJ, C ... Uribe, SS ... Harris, 2B ... Garcia, RHP.

This lineup has a little more speed and having Harris, Pods, then Ozuna puts a lot of pressure on the opposing pitcher if more than one of them get on at the same time. Also, 3-7 with Carl, PK, AR, JD, and AJ is a nice stretch of good hitters with power. I miss having Iguchi in there, but I guess they have to stick with what works best.

I am hoping that there is not an undocumented injury with Iguchi that they are trying to nurse.

Sox win 5-2, Pods gets 2-3 SB's and puts pressure on from the get go!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I am hoping that there is not an undocumented injury with Iguchi that they are trying to nurse.

Iguchi wouldn't have ph last night if there was something wrong with him that was serious. I think Ozzie might be trying to see if Harris can provide a spark to this team. I really respect how Iguchi has played this year, but he's seemed out of it the past few weeks.

Harris seems to always get his hits in bunches and has 2 multiple hit games in a row, so you might as well ride him before he cools off. Unless Iguchi got injured last night, he appears to be fine. I still can't figure out Alan Trammell yesterday, unless he assumed Iguchi was injured. He had to know Iguchi would pinch hit against the lefty he brought in to face Harris, and since the infield was playing in, I would much rather have faced Harris with a righty than Iguchi with a lefty. Either that or walk Iguchi and have Pods face the lefty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Iguchi wouldn't have ph last night if there was something wrong with him that was serious.  I think Ozzie might be trying to see if Harris can provide a spark to this team.  I really respect how Iguchi has played this year, but he's seemed out of it the past few weeks.

It just seemed like odd timing coming after a loss, and it said he was out for personal reasons - which normally means it was not a manager's decision.

Now it is the second game in a row without the Manager's MVP in the game. I know it is just speculation, but like I said, I just hope it is not an injury.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Harris seems to always get his hits in bunches and has 2 multiple hit games in a row, so you might as well ride him before he cools off. Unless Iguchi got injured last night, he appears to be fine. I still can't figure out Alan Trammell yesterday, unless he assumed Iguchi was injured. He had to know Iguchi would pinch hit against the lefty he brought in to face Harris, and since the infield was playing in, I would much rather have faced Harris with a righty than Iguchi with a lefty. Either that or walk Iguchi and have Pods face the lefty.

I like Trammel the person, certainly the player, but frankly he has not impressed me as a manager. He's a very nice guy, or seems to be, I should say. And I like the idea of having all those old Tigers running the show, like the Sox do now. But I just don't know if Trammel is long for this gig.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
He had a pretty rough night with all those errors..

Perhaps that has something to do with it?  I mean, its the first time he'd ever done that badly in the field.. gotta be tough to handle.

Is it just a coincidence that he's having "personal" problems that make him late for the game? Iguchi has fallen into same trap that has snared thousands of Japanese business men before him: American women.

My money's on Courtney Love, but don't rule out Lindsay Lohan.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Did anyone see the mullet wigs Hawk and DJ were wearing? I personally like this promotion.

man, I'm watching it on MLB.tv since I'm from New Jersey, and they are giving me the Detroit announcers. Its just not the same..

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
three pitches right down the heart of the plate and just like last night, he whiffed on the 3rd.

No, i mean robbed by fielders, nook a few nights ago and every time i watch the game he seems to get web gemmmed 1 outa 3 nights