John Rooney will not be returning

Nokona

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Spoken like a true old guy who remembers all the old time announcers. 

:bang

i don't understand. I do know the old announcers, and the new ones. I still listen no matter the announcers. Its the team I follow,not the announcers. In fact i could care less about the players individually. Nothing personal, but the all move around and shop there talents. Its not like the sixties when the players stay with a team. Same with announcers. Consistancy is nice, but please don't tell me we won't like the sox less, or we won't listen anymore. All this sounds like is young people who have never heard another announcer broadcast a whitesox game. Everyone will adapt just fine.

Remember- Lorne Brown, harry carey,Early wynn, Jack Drees, Bud Kelly,Bob elson. They were all here, they all left , and more came in.

i don't understand. I do know the old announcers, and the new ones. I still listen no matter the announcers. Its the team I follow,not the announcers. In fact i could care less about the players individually. Nothing personal, but the all move around and shop there talents. Its not like the sixties when the players stay with a team. Same with announcers. Consistancy is nice, but please don't tell me we won't like the sox less, or we won't listen anymore. All this sounds like is young people who have never heard another announcer broadcast a whitesox game. Everyone will adapt just fine.

Remember- Lorne Brown, harry carey,Early wynn, Jack Drees, Bud Kelly,Bob elson. They were all here, they all left , and more came in.

You are preaching to the choir, I remember all those guys and a whole bunch of other guys too. Heck I remember when JC Martin did color with Harry Caray, and Lou Brock too. Talk about bad.

One time a pitcher drills this hitter, and the batter steps out and glares at the pitcher before heading to 1B. Said JC Martin, "That look woulda put a wart on a tombstone." :bang

Personally I don't really care who announces the game, but a lot of people do get attached to announcers, especially if it's the only one they're really known. It's understandable. But the more people come and go (and they will) the less of an outrage it will become. The announcer I'll like the best is the one who'll announce a White Sox World Series winner.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
John and Ed have been very, very loud members of the "Don't Boo Magglio" club; they repeat over and over again that people leaving for more money is just how it works.

I wonder if Rooney had personal interest in putting such an idea into the heads of Sox fans.

WTH are you talking about?

So what if he says you shouldn't boo Magglio. It's his opinion.

Sure, the whole contract thing didn't end the way it should have, but Magglio gave us what, five, six years of an All-Star caliber RFer. If he feels that people shouldn't boo Magglio, he certainly has a right to say it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
WTH are you talking about?

So what if he says you shouldn't boo Magglio.  It's his opinion.

Sure, the whole contract thing didn't end the way it should have, but Magglio gave us what, five, six years of an All-Star caliber RFer.  If he feels that people shouldn't boo Magglio, he certainly has a right to say it.

Yup, his opinon..no doubt. Absolutely nothing wrong with either side of that argument imo. Like I've said before the reason I got pissed at Maggs was him bad mouthing the organization, leaving for more money is just the business part of the game imo.