AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

I love this offense lately. This is the only thing that can hold them back this year, is that O. Nobody is trying to do too much, just hit it where its pitched. If they hit like this with our pitching the playoffs could be fun.

Bobby Jenks throwing some serious gas in the 9th. He is a focking beast.

Sox win, Injuns lose. Its a great day.

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox4:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Our lead is comfortable enough I think that im actually rooting for the Indians a little to get 2 teams from the AL Central into the playoffs.  And than could you imagine how pissed ESPN would be if both of us won our first rounds.

BBTN would be cancelled :P I'm comfortable with this lead but I'm not rooting for Cleveland until we have this thing clinched.

Our lead is comfortable enough I think that im actually rooting for the Indians a little to get 2 teams from the AL Central into the playoffs.  And than could you imagine how pissed ESPN would be if both of us won our first rounds.

No way. The lead is too close to the number of games we have left with Cleveland.

I think the mantra for Sox fans in terms of the WC should be LET'S GO YANKEES.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)

until the magic number = 0

no way

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
No way. The lead is too close to the number of games we have left with Cleveland.

I think the mantra for Sox fans in terms of the WC should be LET'S GO YANKEES.

I dont know about that one either. I think I'd much rather face a team with a little less Playoff experience than the Yankees. Let Cleveland have the WC, but if we lose the Division to them, then we didn't deserve it anyway

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
I dont know about that  one either.  I think I'd much rather face a team with a little less Playoff experience than the Yankees.  Let Cleveland have the WC, but if we lose the Division to them, then we didn't deserve it anyway

Exactly my feeling, With the lead we have we should win the division unless we have another august type month and if thats the case I question the fact if we really deserve to go to the playoffs anyways...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Exactly my feeling, With the lead we have we should win the division unless we have another august type month and if thats the case I question the fact if we really deserve to go to the playoffs anyways...

plus as long as our guys keep winning, it don't really matter how many the Tribe win.

I dont know about that  one either.  I think I'd much rather face a team with a little less Playoff experience than the Yankees.  Let Cleveland have the WC, but if we lose the Division to them, then we didn't deserve it anyway

I guess we could wait and see how the Sox do in their series against Vlad and Cy Supersize, but the Yankees seem the weakest of our potential first-round opponents.

That said, Mussina and Small have given us fits this year.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
I guess we could wait and see how the Sox do in their series against Vlad and Cy Supersize, but the Yankees seem the weakest of our potential first-round opponents.

That said, Mussina and Small have given us fits this year.

Yeah but I could live without seeing Chacon again this year.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
plus as long as our guys keep winning,  it don't really matter how many the Tribe win.

Actually it does...the more the Tribe lose, the sooner we clinch, and the more rest the back of Dustin Hermanson gets, the more rest the legs of Scott Podsednik get, yada yada yada.

I'd only cheer for the Indians if the Angels are able to win the al west. If that happens, we would play them in the first round. If the Indians win the wc, they would play Boston. What if the Tribe were able to pull off an upset? If we take the Angels, we play the Tribe in the ALCS. I like that match-uo a hell of a lot better than Boston or Oakland.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
I'd only cheer for the Indians if the Angels are able to win the al west.  If that happens,  we would play them in the first round.  If the Indians win the wc,  they would play Boston.  What if the Tribe were able to pull off an upset?  If we take the Angels,  we play the Tribe in the ALCS.  I like that match-uo a hell of a lot better than Boston or Oakland.

While I find it impossible to cheer for the indians, I would not mind this scenario. That's all I can say. Still, you want to beat the best and if Oakland's standing in our way, :bringit